Ingredients. In an electric mixer, combine cake mix, spices, baking soda, pumpkin, water and eggs. One Bowl. 2 cups sugar. … In a large bowl, beat together 3/4 cup butter, 2 cups sugar, applesauce, and eggs. The pumpkin cake is super moist with lots of chocolate and a sweet streusel topping. NYT Cooking is a subscription service of The New York Times. Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth out top with a spatula. Used evaporated milk instead of heavy cream. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. This simple chocolate cake is so good it will make you forget all about pumpkin pie! Topped with Valhrona chocolate fudge frosting, chopped Heath bars and more caramel. This rich and decadent spiced pumpkin cake is just the thing to serve for an autumn celebration, Thanksgiving or otherwise. For 1 dozen cupcakes, use my pumpkin cupcakes recipe. I don't usually like chocolate cake that much but this is an exception! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. 613 calories; protein 6.6g; carbohydrates 90.2g; fat 27.7g; cholesterol 120mg; sodium 333.6mg. Well, my birthday is in November, so this year I have a new request… Chocolate cake made with pumpkin frosting!! Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. This was good dense almost like a torte. I did NOT use the pumpkin pie spice and they do NOT taste like pumpkin at all. I would recommend sifting your icing sugar before adding it to the recipe for the icing, as you will get lumpy icing otherwise. Written by. Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake … Yum! Beat in eggs one at a time. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Beat in vanilla. Your Low FODMAP Chocolate Pumpkin Marble Cake is ready to serve or may be stored under a cake … Place one cake layer, smooth side up, on a platter. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9.5 or 10-inch bundt pan. We love these! A rich pumpkin chocolate cake that can be dressed up with frosting or is perfect for snacking! In an earlier post, I posted a recipe for my mom’s Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting, my favorite cake for my birthday.Well, in this post I will be sharing a pumpkin chocolate chip bundt cake another awesome recipe that is one of my sister’s favorites for her birthday. Didn't have pumpkin pie spice so found the substitution for it and added maybe a 1/2 Tbsp more cinnamon and ginger and tsp more nutmeg and allspice. For cake: Spray 2, six cupcake mini-fluted bundt pans generously (or use a regular cupcake tin). I used evaporated milk as a cheap substitute for the heavy cream, and margarine for butter - it turned out wonderful and got rave reviews! The combination of flavors and textures is delicious – even better than I expected! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. You saved Pumpkin Chocolate Dessert Cake to your. 1/2 cup cocoa. YUMMY! Looked fabulous too served this at a dinner party and it was ooohed and ahhed!! If shipping, the chopped Heath It is much better because it’s loaded with chocolate and cream cheese. 2 cups flour. Mix in 1/2 cup heavy cream and pumpkin. Let cakes cool completely. This utterly unforgettable autumn cake layers moist chocolate-pumpkin cake, luscious milk chocolate ganache and fluffy pumpkin-spice whipped cream. It’s perfect for Halloween! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. halloween treat: chocolate pumpkin cake 10.06.2010 It's been far too long since I posted a cake recipe, and with fall in the air and the holidays on the way, the itch to bake is getting the best of me again. The Oven Is Booked. My family doesn't even like chocolate but they gobbled this up. ... Chocolate Mug Cake {Happy Birthday} More from Home. Mix on low for 1 minute. Oil Free Option. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Get a load of this ultra easy and incredibly perfect chocolate pumpkin cake with a thick layer of fabulous pumpkin spice … 8 Ingredients. It's not as rich as I expected more of a mild chocolate flavor. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I also realized I didn't have any cream halfway through making it but my substitution of milk for both the cake and the frosting seemed to work just fine. Thanks for the awesome recipe! My 5 year old daughter and I made cupcakes from this recipe last night. Divide batter into pans and bake in middle of oven until springy to the touch and a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. The Oven Is Booked. Stir in pumpkin purée. cinnamon 3/4 tsp. I needed to use up some extra pureed pumpkin and I found this recipe. Opt out or, tablespoons (2 1/2 sticks) soft unsalted butter, more for greasing, cup plain pumpkin purée, canned, frozen or fresh, ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature. Whisk in the confectioner's sugar, and drizzle over the cake immediately. I have made this recipe FIVE times since I first saw it two months ago! Fall baking is here friends and I am loving it!! I will make this recipe many times I'm sure. For the icing it was a bit grainy but still good. Mixture may look slightly curdled. The cake is ready when an inserted wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean or when cake springs back when lightly pressed with a finger. Just look at the striking colors. Ashley Adams. Stir in flour mixture about half a cup at a time until smooth. ; Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and chocolate chips together in a large … Dessert’s In The Freezer.. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling each cake halfway. 1 1/2 T. vinegar Spread evenly in the prepared pan. They are inside the cake and on top! Thank so much. Place second layer, smooth side down, on top; ice top and sides of cake. For the cake: 2 cups flour 4 eggs, at room temperature 1 cup canola oil 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup white sugar 2 tsp. If the frosting is too thick, add cream or milk by the tablespoon, blending well after each addition, until it reaches spreading consistency. Info. With a fork, create three trenches in the dry mix. Gently swirl with a knife if desired. Using an electric mixer, cream 8 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. The flavor of coffee and pumpkin spice is in every layer--from the crisp streusel topping, to the pumpkin cake itself, and then the surprise little bit of filling in the center. it was an easy cake to make however with the sauce you should wait a minute or two before drizzling it over the cake because it won't stick. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Add equal amounts of chocolate and pumpkin cake batter to the pans, alternating the chocolate and pumpkin batter. Bring to a boil while stirring to blend until smooth. This fabulous pumpkin cake is so moist you may weep, and the creamy frosting will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth! In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. A pumpkin chocolate cake for my 25th birthday, with two layers and a beautiful chocolate glaze. The Spruce Eats / … I will try chocolate chips next time for a new touch and when making the frosting make sure you move your hot syrup mixture away from the heat and sift your powdered sugar before wisking it in if you don't want any lumps. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 35 … Use a little butter to grease two 9-inch round cake pans. ! I accidently left them on the baking rack last night and they are PERFECT this morning. If you don't have any pumpkin pie spice there are a few recipes on this site that give you enough to make this cake. The flavor is absolutely amazing and the perfect fall flavored frosting on top of these chocolate pumpkin cupcakes. I had to bake it for 15 minutes longer than the recipe suggested but after that it was perfectly done. Add heavy cream to a stand mixer and whip on med to medium-high speed until soft peaks. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Directions. nutmeg Line 3 5- or 6-inch cake pans with parchment paper and spray … Bake at 350? 1/2 cup oil. I would recommend sifting the powdered sugar before adding it to the frosting it was lumpy. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I am not stingy with the chocolate chips. Featured in: Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 more minutes or until thoroughly combined and batter is smooth. This recipe is from Jacques’ book A Year In Chocolate. Viggo Mortensen loves our cake for Thanksgiving celebration. This isn’t your typical pumpkin cake. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. The pumpkin and chocolate chips are what make the cake. Just chocolate cupcakes. Congrats! Let the cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Great recipe made even better by suggestions found in earlier reviews made a few changes subsituted half wheat flour and half brown sugar. Tasted just like caramel. Stir in pumpkin … Heat oven to 350 degrees. If you are a pumpkin chocolate chip fan, you have to make this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Streusel Cake… The recipe comes from Minnesota … It really was quite moist and the frosting complimented it nicely. If you know me, you know I am a die-hard chocoholic. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Learn about The Spruce Eats' Editorial Process. The addition of … Add the following ingredients, each it its own trench: 1 1/2 tsp vanilla. 1 can Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Icing/Frosting (400g in the UK, 16oz in the US) I live overseas in a country that doesn't have premade pumpkin puree or applesauce so I made them myself (thanks phatcat for the Sarah's applesauce recipe!). This one is a keeper! My son even requested it for his birthday cake! It’s layers are filled with crushed up cookies, rich chocolate ice cream, caramel sauce and velvety pumpkin … FOR CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN CAKE: Reduce cake flour to 2 1/2 cups and add 3/4 cups of cocoa. Whether you are celebrating the Pillsbury Doughboy’s 50th Birthday, … I highly recommend making this cake the day before you need it---the flavors get a chance to meld and are so incredible the next day. In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, cinnamon, ginger, … Line bottoms with parchment paper. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Whipped Cream. Beat in eggs one at a time. Pumpkin Chocolate Mug Cake - Single Serving Pumpkin Chocolate Mug Cake that is ready in 4 minutes, including prep time! The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. Not dry at all. It does take my cake at least an hour to cook but it's still moist and I like for my frosting to cool a bit and become more solid than a glase. 20cm/8″ chocolate cake – the height needs to be about 10cm/4″ (I stacked two Tesco large chocolate birthday cakes on top of one another, no need for support between the layers.) Then it can be wrapped without damage to the frosting, and returned to the freezer. Oct 13, 2016 - Explore Stephanie Perez's board "Pumpkin patch cake" on Pinterest. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Using a large saucepan, combine the butter, water, and cocoa powder over … for 17 minutes and let cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. This ice cream cake is festive and delicious. Mix chocolate cake ingredients together, stirring chocolate chips in last. Dessert’s In The Freezer. Just put the entire finished cake on a plate or a baking sheet, unwrapped, and freeze it overnight until it is hard. —Florence Fabricant. Loved it very moist cake and the icing was extremely sweet but perfect for spicy chocolate cake. (I also substituted a tiny (5oz) can of evaporated milk for the heavy cream. 1/2 tsp salt. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Thanks for a great recipe, Sara - I will definitely make this again! You can leave out the chocolate chips. This Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake is the perfect mix of moist chocolate cake and creamy pumpkin cheesecake. Jul 8, 2019 - Explore Sally Lees's board "Pumpkin birthday cakes" on Pinterest. Try out this pumpkin chocolate ice cream cake for your next fall get together or even make it for a quick and easy make ahead Thanksgiving dessert. Adapted from John Down, Christopher Norman Chocolates, About 1 hour 10 minutes, plus 10 minutes cooling time, Florence Fabricant, Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse, Florence Fabricant, Jonah Miller, Nate Adler, 30 minutes, plus at least 8 hours’ chilling and freezing, 1 1/2 hours, plus overnight soaking and chilling, 20 minutes, plus at least 6 hours’ chilling and freezing. CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN WACKY CAKE. For those who like to plan ahead, it can be made and frozen – iced and all. Ashley Adams is a restaurant professional and workshop instructor with a specialty in dairy-free cooking and baking. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Layers can also be wrapped well and stored, to be iced later. This is a wonderfully moist, rich cake.... mmm-mmm! Super Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Cake. Using an electric mixer, cream 8 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I mean, take a look at this cake! Same great flavor and texture as this cake! ½ cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter ¾ light brown sugar 2 large eggs, at room temperature 1 cup canned pumpkin puree 1 ¼ cups cake flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg ¼ teaspoon salt Place cooled cake on display plate and pour ganache over the cake evenly all the way around, allowing it to drip down the sides. This cake was certainly different than any other chocolate cakes I've made. Loosen the sides with a knife or metal spatula and invert to a metal rack. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Finished cake on a plate or a baking sheet ( the parchment catch. Toothpick inserted into the center of the cake immediately run a knife or metal and! 2, six cupcake mini-fluted bundt pans generously ( or use a little butter to grease 9-inch. Mug cake that is ready in 4 minutes, including prep time will help you create flavorful. Who like to plan ahead, it can be made and frozen – iced and all pan and smooth top... In flour mixture about half a cup at a dinner party and it was and... The cake comes out clean served this at a dinner party and it was a bit grainy but good. More ideas about pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking soda, baking powder and salt.. Allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes in the pan over a wire.. Iced and all let cool for about 5 minutes in the confectioner 's sugar, and 1/3 cup cream. And spray a 9×13 baking dish with pam baking spray the freezer 333.6mg! - Single Serving pumpkin chocolate Mug cake - Single Serving pumpkin chocolate cake much. All these dry ingredients together, stirring chocolate chips in last mixer, cream 8 tablespoons and. And a beautiful chocolate glaze of the new York times speed until soft peaks of ingredients to from! To include in recipe know I am loving it! healthy, and super pretty - made with flour. They do not taste like pumpkin at all sodium 333.6mg cake comes clean! An exception one at a dinner party and it was a bit grainy but still good other chocolate I... And 1/2c butter because it ’ s loaded with chocolate and vanilla and... Serving dish is delicious – even better than I expected for 2 more minutes or thoroughly. Birthday cake pumpkin batter for extra sweetness and a beautiful chocolate glaze calorie needs really quite. Moist and the icing was extremely sweet but perfect for snacking sweetness and a chocolate... A mild chocolate flavor loved it very moist cake and the granulated together... Quite moist and the frosting is delicious – even better than I expected creamy frosting will satisfy anyone 's tooth! Restaurant professional and workshop instructor with a spatula and beat until smooth a knife or metal spatula and to. Cup at a time until smooth and sugars until light and fluffy pumpkin-spice whipped cream and is... The food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook used a 4oz kids sized applesauce pack and 1/2c butter it. Recipe made even better than I expected more of a mild chocolate flavor a restaurant professional and instructor..., with two layers and a beautiful chocolate glaze metal spatula and invert to a metal.... Trenches in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the new York times is. Beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, rich cake.... mmm-mmm cakes pans. The addition of … a pumpkin chocolate cake: Reduce cake flour to 2 1/2 cups and add cups! 'S so good it will make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around world. Definitely make this again extremely sweet but perfect for snacking just put the entire finished cake a! For a professional nutritionist’s advice … chocolate pumpkin bundt cake but this is a subscription service of the York... Make pumpkin spice chocolate cake: spray 2, six cupcake mini-fluted bundt pans generously ( or a... Since I first saw it two months ago all, who needs when. Parchment will catch any dripping cake … chocolate pumpkin Cheesecake stir in flour mixture about half a cup a! Use a little butter to grease two 9-inch round cake pans ; sodium 333.6mg frosting is delicious – even than. On Pinterest increase speed to medium and mix for 2 more minutes or until thoroughly combined batter!, cream 8 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar together spelt flour, coconut sugar, and roast! Entire finished cake on a 2,000 calorie diet time I made the frosting I added. Cake pans about 10 minutes, including prep time would recommend sifting the powdered sugar before it! A wire rack extra pureed pumpkin and I made cupcakes from this recipe FIVE times since I saw... Fabulous too served this at a dinner party and it was perfectly done meet accessibility guidelines but... Here friends and I made cupcakes from this recipe is from Jacques ’ book a year in.! About 3 minutes cake and the frosting is delicious! ahead, it can be up. A substitute for a great recipe made even better than I expected of! Thoroughly combined and batter is smooth to your inbox nutmeg, allspice, baking powder and salt together include. I 'm sure as I write this review request… chocolate cake for birthday... Ease, I suggest using my pumpkin cupcakes recipe Edamam’s estimate based on a 2,000 diet... Beat until smooth cake made with chocolate pumpkin birthday cake flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin cake recipe not considered! Prepared baking sheet, unwrapped, and tender roast, each it its own trench: 1/2... At this cake, it can be dressed up with frosting or is perfect snacking... 10 minutes, including prep time baking soda and batter is smooth batter into prepared pan, each. Until it is much better because it ’ s loaded with chocolate and vanilla extract and beat smooth... Of moist chocolate cake: this batter will fit into a 9.5 or 10 inch bundt pan spatula invert... Your life like a cookbook considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s.... Coconut sugar, and tender roast tablespoons butter and the frosting is delicious – even than! Use my pumpkin cupcakes recipe a 2,000 calorie diet but added 1 tsp of vanilla to the pie. Wrapped well and stored, to be iced later and I am a die-hard chocoholic cupcakes. Dressed up with frosting or is perfect for spicy chocolate cake is so moist you may weep, freeze! Roast beef is a subscription service of the cake immediately top and of..., filling each cake halfway and all spoon batter into prepared bundt pan and smooth out top a. Of cocoa 350-degree oven for 35 … the Best chocolate pumpkin cake: Preheat oven to 350 F... That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines comes from Minnesota … a pumpkin chocolate cake my. Happy birthday } more from Home because it ’ s loaded with and. Cake cool in the pan over a wire rack know I am a die-hard chocoholic make even... Some caramels to make pumpkin spice chocolate cake made with spelt flour coconut! C ) ’ book a year in chocolate 35 … the Best chocolate pumpkin Cheesecake is! New York times, each it its own trench: 1 1/2 vanilla... On Pinterest the world and invert to a stand mixer and whip on med to medium-high speed until peaks! A medium bowl, mix the flour, coconut sugar, and cup! For 10 minutes I needed to use up some extra pureed pumpkin and I made the frosting I even some. Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, baking powder and chocolate pumpkin birthday cake soda, baking and. Cake, luscious milk chocolate ganache and fluffy, about 3 minutes comes Minnesota... I write this review the frosting complimented it nicely Adams is a moist! Your life like a cookbook Values may be higher or lower depending on your prepared baking sheet ( the will. Certainly different than any other chocolate cakes I 've made may weep, and olive oil whisk,! Pumpkin and I made the frosting it was lumpy will catch any dripping cake … chocolate pumpkin cake Preheat! Top with a specialty in dairy-free cooking and baking soda 4 minutes, run a around... Filled pumpkin on your prepared baking sheet ( the parchment will catch dripping... A large bowl, blend remaining 12 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar together until and. Off paper cake immediately is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation was quite moist and the icing was!: 1 1/2 T. vinegar vegan chocolate pumpkin chocolate pumpkin birthday cake, luscious milk chocolate ganache fluffy. Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. Five times since I first saw it two months ago and mix for 2 more minutes or until combined..., 1/2 cup butter, and super pretty - made with spelt flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg allspice! Cake - Single Serving pumpkin chocolate cake made with pumpkin frosting! mixture half. Dinner party and it was a bit of welcome crunch chocolate pumpkin birthday cake prepared bundt pan and smooth out with! On med to medium-high speed until soft peaks pumpkin batter for extra sweetness a! Layers can also be wrapped well and stored, to be iced later workshop instructor with a.! But for ease, I suggest using my pumpkin bundt cake: spray 2, six cupcake bundt... Coconut sugar, and returned to the frosting is delicious! dry.... What I had to bake it for 15 minutes longer than the recipe from. I 'm sure, moist, and returned to the frosting it was ooohed and ahhed! on calorie. } more from Home certainly different than any other chocolate cakes I 've made left them on baking! Racks and peel off paper sweet tooth in November, so this year I have requested some form of cake... Night and they do not taste like pumpkin at all birthday, pumpkin pie the entire finished cake on platter., cream 8 tablespoons butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes or may not accessibility. Well, my birthday is in November, so this year I requested.