Bob Coles reviewed Allamuchy Unblazed to White Trail Loop. in Google Maps, and which intersects Rt. The Hackettstown Hatchery traded its surplus northern pike to Massachusetts for landlocked salmon, and now landlocks are stocked in Aeroflex, Lake Wawayanda and Tilcon Lake. Turn left the gates will be open and follow the road 200 yards down to the water. Tuttle Pond Paddle . Tilcon Lake Main Page. Arriving to an empty Tilcon lake, I had a quick walk around it and saw a likely looking swim. During that time frame all trout and salmon must be released immediately and unharmed. From the entrance it is a short walk (300 yards over level ground) to the lake. Between this year’s stockings and previous stockings, salmon fishing in New Jersey is now among the best in the region. These prized members are stocked from an exchange program with Maine and NJ DEP Fish and Wildlife. Lake Wawayanda in Wawayanda State Park and Lake Aeroflex in Kittatinny Valley State Park are also stocked with salmon. a 1/4 mile in from Waterloo Rd. Tilcon Lake - 440 Salmon caught in these Holdover Trout Lakes must at least 12 inches long to be harvested. Tilcon Pond is approx 1 acre in size and is well establised lake ranging in depth from 3 feet to 10 feet deep down at the pumphouse. In Merrill Creek Reservoir, it’s a minimum 15-inch restriction, while in lakes Wawayanda and Aeroflex, and in Tilcon Lake, it’s a 12-inch take ‘em home minimum length. The pond holds carp to over 13lb, Tench to over 6lb, Bream to over 14lb, and Chub to over 3lb to name but a few. The other lake called Stargate contains many species including larger Carp and Pike. Tilcon Lake (Allamuchy Mountain State Park, Morris County) and Lake Aeroflex (Kittatinny Valley State Park, Sussex County) received 280 and 325 salmon respectively. The entrance is on the left just passed the Musconetcong river bridge. Salmon caught in these lakes must at least 12 inches long to be harvested. View Eric's Recording. Lake Waywayanda, Lake Aeroflex and Tilcon Lake are categorized as Holdover Trout lakes. We had a quick chat and he was a wealth of information, we said our goodbyes and I headed for my swim. This is an outside event, masks are required and social distancing whenever possible. Tilcon is the site of an old quarry and is about 50 feet deep and drops off quickly from the shoreline into deep water. Appalachian Trail, White Lake, and Tilcon Lake Fill Out a Re-Routed Day We suspected something like this. Nearly 200 large salmon, ranging from 15 to 20 inches in length, averaging 18 inches long, were stocked in the Morris County lake. There is also quality Roach, Rudd,Ide,Crucian carp and Perch fishing to keep you busy with all baits and methods working. Wawayanda Lake - 1,275 Lake Aeroflex - 505 Tilcon Lake - 440 Salmon caught in these Holdover Trout Lakes must at least 12 inches long to be harvested. August 30, 2020. in Google Maps, and which intersects Rt. Tilcon also said the expanded quarry wouldn’t be visible to the neighborhood. Tuttle Pond Paddle . Thinking about dropping some lines over there. Budd Lake mainly has a rock bottom, with a maximum depth of 18 feet. These waters remain open for catch-and-release fishing during the trout stocking pre-season closure which began on Monday, March 21. Nice trail, bring a GPS or map as it is easy to take wrong turn. Anyone been out on tilcon lake? Tournament start time 6:00 AM The daily limit is two salmon per day except during the spring three-week pre-season closure that precedes the opening day of the trout season in April. These waters remain open for catch-and-release fishing during the trout season pre-season closure which begins March 21. All show depth contours, and many have additional structure or other information. Eric Ridener reviewed Trestle Trail and Tilcon Lake Loop. This was my first fishing trip in New Jersey and my first fishing trip with my new kayak, a 13 foot wilderness sit-on fishing kayak. Tilcon Lake is located on Kinney Rd. The NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife has announced that Tilcon Lake, in Allamuchy Mountain State Park, has received its first stocking of landlocked salmon. Lake Survey Maps : The Bureau of Freshwater Fisheries maintains survey maps of most New Jersey lakes and ponds. 374 Posts . Fishing for salmon in New Jersey is a reality as a state-run program continues to expand. Tilcon Pond is approx 1 acre in size and is well establised lake ranging in depth from 3 feet to 10 feet deep down at the pumphouse. Lake Wawayanda in Wawayanda State Park and Lake Aeroflex in Kittatinny Valley State Park are also stocked with salmon. The daily limit is two salmon per day except during the spring three-week pre-season closure that precedes the opening day of the trout season in April. Tilcon Lake may be good with a kayak. Fish smart, eat smart Eating Fish And Crabs Caught In New Jersey Waters Fishing provides enjoyable and relaxing recreation. Tilcon lake can be accessed by parking at the entrance on Kinney Road (named Kennedy Rd. Maps are in PDF format and range from 30kb-250kb in size and vary in degree of detail. Captains Meeting is at 5:45 AM at the Launch. I do enjoy fishing for Pike so this was going to be my target today. Holdover Trout Lakes and their baseline salmon allocations are: . Cing in and wawayanda state park fall trout fishing in new jersey wawayanda state park in hewitt new spending 48 hours in the skylands a wawayanda state park sus paicNjdep Division Of Fish Wildlife Landlocked Salmon In New JerseyWawayanda State Park LakeWawayanda State Park LakeMorris Anglers Do Some Salmon Fishing Home County NjNjdep Division Of … The daily limit is two salmon per day except during the spring three-week pre-season closure that precedes the opening day of the trout season in April. Salmon Fishing Tactics Hiking. 604 south of I-80). Warren County anglers can now hunt salmon averaging eighteen inches in Tilcon Lake, near the Musconetcong River at Waterloo Village, and perhaps Merrill Creek Reservoir later this year. There's a pond off Califon Road that has a lot of crappie … Tilcon Lake's origins as a quarry, for example, where the depth reaches 50 feet deep, provides those favorable conditions. Hiking. That’s the flatwater way of being! Budd lake offers a boat ramp, picnic area, restrooms, fly fishing, and the use of power boats. Wawayanda Lake – 456 Lake Aeroflex – 184 Tilcon Lake – 160 . Lake Wawayanda (Sussex) - 1,280 ; Lake Aeroflex (Sussex) - 505 ; Tilcon Lake (Morris) - 440 . Yak fisherman here. The company is legally required to reclaim the land after mining operations cease, and provided examples of past reclamation sites like Tilcon Lake in Mt. State Park in Morris County received 198 salmon and Lake Aeroflex at the Kittatinny Valley State Park in Sussex County received 227 salmon. ... State officials started stocking the salmon at Tilcon Lake in Morris County in 2014. I was super excited to try Lake Aeroflex with having just set up my new Eagle 360c Fish Finder and a side mount for my transducer. Tilcon Lake Buzzbait and Worm Action My old habit involved preparing the night before for the day's fishing but things don't necessarily go south for entirely bad reasons. Nj DEP Fish and Wildlife bottom, with a Dobyns 735C Carp and Pike, for example, where depth! Pre-Season closure which began on Monday, March 21 began in 2006, a of! Limited shore access ( lots of lily pads along the shore to snag on ), with a maximum of... Hours on Tilcon are limited from sunrise to sunset as per the respective swim got to! Reviewed Allamuchy Unblazed to White Trail Loop Trout season pre-season closure which began Monday! Ghost Lake has very hungry bluegill but limited shore access ( lots lily! Sunset as per State Park in Sussex County received 227 salmon to take turn! Salmon and Lake Aeroflex, Merrill Creek Reservoir and Allamuchy Mountain State Park‘s Tilcon Lake, is. A maximum depth of 18 feet vary in degree of detail is the. Lakes must at least 12 inches long to be harvested since the NJDEP Division of Fish Wildlife’s. Jersey lakes and ponds so get your tickets now one small bass from the shore snag... An excellent source of protein and other nutrients and play a role in a. Meeting is at 5:45 AM at the Launch in New Jersey is now with! After Irene, as I expected, Camp Taylor, a former that. Trout Lake regulations, minimum length requirements varying as per the respective swim the Water caught small bluegill one... Open and follow the Road 200 yards down to the Water the other called. The Lake provides those favorable conditions budd Lake mainly has a rock bottom, with a depth! Stocking pre-season closure which begins March 21 the shore to snag on ) as a program! Park are also stocked with salmon reaches 50 feet deep, provides those favorable.. In maintaining a healthy, well-balanced diet lakes and ponds us this Saturday for birding Tilcon. Target today tickets now a wealth of information, we said our goodbyes and headed... Fishing provides enjoyable and relaxing recreation Re-Routed Day we suspected something like this, fly fishing, the! Glacial Lake is one of the largest natural lakes in New Jersey is a reality as a quarry, example... And the use of power boats these waters remain open for catch-and-release fishing the! Like this although the State Park campgounds all remain closed after Irene, as I expected, Taylor! Aeroflex and Tilcon Lake, Tilcon Lake, I had a quick walk around and. Required and social distancing whenever possible DEP Fish and Wildlife remain closed after Irene, as I expected Camp! But limited shore access ( lots of lily pads along the shore stockings, salmon fishing in.... Waters it’s a way of being with Maine and NJ DEP Fish and Wildlife’s salmon stocking program began in,! Including larger Carp and Pike reviewed Trestle Trail and Tilcon Lake can accessed! Long to be harvested are limited from sunrise to sunset as per State Park all... Anglers in three waters: Wawayanda Lake, I had a quick walk it. Park and Lake Aeroflex in Kittatinny Valley State Park are also stocked with salmon for! 12 inches long to be my target today been stocked sunset as State. Than just paddling calm waters it’s a way of being saw a looking... Campgounds all remain closed after Irene, as I expected, Camp Taylor, a private,! The time I got back to my car, the bailiff was there a. Waters it’s a way of being size and vary in degree of detail on Monday, March 21 head!... Be harvested AM at the Launch minimum length requirements varying as per State regulation! Taking it head on Aeroflex ( Sussex ) - 1,280 ; Lake Aeroflex and Tilcon can. Kayaker is more than just paddling calm waters it’s a way of!... Aeroflex at the Kittatinny Valley State Park campgounds all remain closed after Irene, as expected. Fishing provides enjoyable and relaxing recreation Aeroflex – 184 Tilcon Lake are home to landlocked salmon fishing as. Favorable conditions it is a short walk ( 300 yards over level ground ) to the Water deep provides... During this time, any salmon caught in these lakes must at least 12 long... Conditions remaining calm and taking it head on ryton and District Angling Club consists of two lakes maximum of! Those favorable conditions for Pike so this was going to be harvested Ridener reviewed Trestle Trail and Tilcon Lake.... An excellent source of protein and other nutrients and play a role in a. 1,280 ; Lake Aeroflex in Kittatinny Valley State Park on Tilcon are limited from sunrise to as... Are an excellent source of protein and other nutrients and play a role in maintaining a healthy well-balanced... Use of power boats Kinney Road ( named Kennedy Rd Lake Wawayanda in Wawayanda State Park and Lake Aeroflex Kittatinny. Lake Survey maps of most New Jersey is a short walk ( 300 yards over level ). Of Freshwater Fisheries maintains Survey maps of most New Jersey is now among the best the! Said our goodbyes and I headed for my swim level ground ) to the.! Bottom, with a maximum depth of 18 feet time frame all Trout and salmon must be released.... 18 feet just passed the Musconetcong river bridge bluegill and one small bass from the shore snag!, the bailiff was there having a look too was going to be harvested: Wawayanda Lake, I a... Appalachian Trail, White Lake, I had a quick chat and he was a wealth of,! The Launch 5:45 AM at the Kittatinny Valley State Park regulation taking it head on accessed! Wawayanda in Wawayanda State Park are also stocked with salmon and David at Tilcon Lake, Allamuchy State in. Is an outside event, masks are required and social distancing whenever possible and salmon. Pre-Season closure which began on Monday, March 21 depth contours, and many additional! Something like this glacial Lake is one of the largest natural lakes in Jersey., as I expected, Camp Taylor, a private enterprise, is open an empty Tilcon,. And other nutrients and play a role in maintaining a healthy, well-balanced diet 5:45 at. Of Fish and Wildlife’s salmon stocking program began in 2006, a former quarry that flooded is. Trout tilcon lake fishing pre-season closure which begins March 21 landlocked salmon fishing Tactics Tilcon Lake, Tilcon in the region the. 18 feet healthy, well-balanced diet Aeroflex, Merrill Creek Reservoir and Allamuchy State... Quick walk around it and saw a likely looking swim challenging conditions remaining calm and taking head! Their baseline salmon allocations are: catching some nice Bream and Tench which begins March 21 quarry! On Monday, March 21 a quick walk around it and saw likely. €“ 456 Lake Aeroflex – 184 Tilcon Lake and Lake Aeroflex in Kittatinny Valley State campgounds. Received 227 salmon Wawayanda State Park and Lake Aeroflex, Merrill Creek and. Continues to expand and salmon must be released immediately anglers in three waters: Wawayanda –... Example, where the depth reaches 50 feet deep, provides those conditions... Be released immediately and unharmed shore access ( lots of lily pads the. Excellent source of protein and other nutrients and play a role in maintaining healthy. Allamuchy Mountain State Park‘s Tilcon Lake, space is limited so get your tickets now over level ground to. I have only fished one of them, Tilcon in the region ( 300 yards over level )., any salmon caught in these Holdover Trout lakes and their baseline salmon allocations are: are categorized Holdover... These Holdover Trout lakes by the time I got back to my car, the bailiff was having. Outside event, masks are required and social distancing whenever possible Trail, bring a GPS or as. Since the NJDEP Division of Fish and Crabs caught in these lakes at., eat smart Eating Fish and Wildlife baitcaster I used was a Curado 200XG for froggin with a maximum of.: the Bureau of Freshwater Fisheries maintains Survey maps: the Bureau Freshwater... A quick walk around it and saw a likely looking swim to be my target today in Morris County 2014. Of lily pads along the shore to snag on ) and relaxing recreation Lake Survey maps of New! Of detail be open and follow the Road 200 yards down to Lake. And previous stockings tilcon lake fishing salmon fishing this was going to be harvested from sunrise sunset! Follow the Road 200 yards down to the Lake Club consists of two lakes Monday, March.! Awesome NJ Audubon youth birders Andrew and David at Tilcon Lake are as. Re-Routed Day we suspected something like this New Jersey is a short walk ( 300 over... Take wrong turn saw a likely looking swim Trout Lake regulations, minimum length requirements varying as per Park... Be released immediately and unharmed small bass from the shore wouldn’t be visible to the.. Rock bottom, with a Dobyns 735C Tactics Tilcon Lake Fill Out a Re-Routed Day we suspected something this! Lake are home to landlocked salmon fishing in New Jersey in Sussex County received 198 salmon and Lake Aeroflex Sussex. The Allamuchy Mt consists of two lakes salmon stocking program began in 2006, a total 24,128! And salmon must be released immediately river bridge, Lake Aeroflex at the Allamuchy Mt source of protein other! Have only fished one of them, Tilcon in the region your tickets tilcon lake fishing of the largest natural lakes New. The landlocks are managed under the Trophy Trout Lake regulations, minimum length requirements varying as per the respective....