Weight: 17 oz (spec), 16.3 oz (actual) – yes, it weighs less than specked. Wrong. A friend and I have both been having issues with overnight deflation/pressure loss on our S2S pads, so I am looking for an alternative. Available online $279.95. NEMO, Sleeping Pad Reviews. This pinnacle mountaineering pad offers lightweight, compact, extreme warmth without sacrificing comfort. SIX-MOON-DESIGNS: All Backpacks, Shelters, and Umbrellas are 20% off. The 3" pad uses lightweight 20 … Details & FREE Returns Return this item for free. Designed for maximum cold (as low as -10 degrees F), the NEMO Tensor Alpine sleeping pad uses three layers of metalized film and a unique construction to provide a warm, quiet, and comfortable four-season resting experience. I’m a cold sleeper and need some advice to choose the best one for all season use. Backpacking the White Mountain 4000 Footers Guidebook, The NEMO Tensor Alpine Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Pad, 1,000 Reasons to Explore the Uinta Mountains, Gear Tech Interview with Hyperlite Mountain Gear Co-founder, Mike St. Pierre, Salomon Toundra Mid WP Winter Hiking Boot Review, Backpacking in the Catskill Mountains: A Quick and Dirty Guide, Foam Sleeping Pads vs Inflatable Pads on the Appalachian Trail, The North Face Chilkat 400 II Winter Hiking Boots Review, 200g vs 400g Insulated Winter Hiking Boots: How to Choose, What are the Differences Between Men’s and Women’s Sleeping Bags, Hyperlite Mountain Gear Southwest Backpack, Sea-to-Summit Etherlite XT Ins. The Tensor Alpine Ultralight is an incredibly warm and impressively lightweight sleeping pad designed for backpackers that is comfortable enough for car campers. The design looks very (suspiciously) similar. Nemo refrains from posting the R-value of the Tensor but claims that it is suitable for temperatures down to 30 degrees F at the lower end. 5.0 1 rating. Updated with a zero-profile, micro-adjustable valve and included Vortex™ pump sack, NEMO's lightest sleeping pad uses premium 20D fabrics to shave grams without sacrificing plush comfort. The Nemo Tensor Alpine sleeping pad is here to be your comfortable winter camping bed, without weighing you down. I’m a cold sleeper and need some advice to choose the best one for all season use. With an R-value of 4.8 it's a great choice if you want one sleeping pad for year-round use. While the Tensor Alpine does not have as high an R-value as the Therm-a-Rest XTherm, we like the fact that it’s a more comfortable pad and a quieter one to sleep on. KEEN-FOOTWEAR: Take 20% off your next order over $100 Coupon Code: "20PercentKEEN2020" Thru 12/31. Higher r value, more heat. Nemo Equipment Tensor Alpine Ultralight Mountaineering Sleeping Pad Visit the NEMO Store. Surrounded by misty sunlight and peak foliage, Zach McCarthy and his friends enjoy a challenging and beautiful experience while hiking, paddling, and biking on a route that takes them along miles of Maine's pristine backcountry. CURRENTLY SOLD OUT. Big difference. Based on our testing of similar claims about other three-season pads, we suspect this pad has a warmth rating close to an R-value of 3. Its lightweight design is stable and packable, updated with 2 layers of metalized film to fend off the chill. The Tensor Alpine brings warmth and comfort to cold weather camping. BACKCOUNTRY.COM: Save up to 70% Off Best-Selling Outdoor Gear & Apparel at Backcountry's Massive Holiday Sale! Required fields are marked *. Space frame baffles that create awesome support whether you’re a side sleeper or back sleeper, soft and comfortable 20D fabrics and 3 inches of support make the Tensor Alpine one of the more, if not the most comfortable pad i’ve slept on to date. With the included pump sack and an easy to use micro-adjustable valve, you can deploy your sleeping pad easily and dial it into the perfect stiffness according to your preference. Share - Nemo Tensor Alpine Long Wide Sleeping Mat Mountaineering Orange. New. Tensor Alpine brings warmth and comfort to cold weather camping. Free Shipping and Returns. Sorry about your S2S experience. Rating - 100%. The Tensor Alpine Pads do not come with a pillow accessory attachment like the Sea-to-Summit pads, but it’s pretty easy to create one with some velcro so that your pillow doesn’t fall off at night. The sack locks onto the Tensor Alpine’s valve and you inflate the pad by forcing air from the sack into it. A good night’s sleep is crucial for success on the trail. The outer layer of the sleeping pad is made of lightweight 20-denier ripstop polyester. Three layers of suspended metalized film and a unique construction efficiently retains your own body heat. Bizarre statement by Nemo, since pads don’t generate heat. I would just buy the Alpine but is unavailable on most sites right now and it’s more expensive than the tensor insulated. What isn’t to like? With an R-value of 4.8 it’s a great choice if you want one sleeping pad for year-round use. I don’t want to carry two Pads. The 3" pad uses lightweight 20 denier fabric on the outside to resist punctures. This product is no longer available, but don't go just yet. The Tensor Insulated is also available in a longer and wider size if you prefer a larger pad. Sold by The Mountain Air and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Call Us: 319-200-4848 Hours: SUN: 11AM-5PM MON: 10AM-5PM TUE: 10AM-5PM WED: 10AM-6PM THU: 10AM-6PM FRI: 10AM-6PM SAT 10AM-5PM; E-mail: info@sokooutfitters.com Address: SOKO Outfitters 41 16th Ave SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 My question is, has anyone used the Nemo Tensor Alpine in either the Long/Wide or mummy configuration? Tensor™ Alpine brings warmth and comfort to cold weather camping. Nemo Tensor Alpine Insulated Long Wide - This Pinnacle mountaineering pad offers lightweight, compact, extreme, warmth without sacrificing comfort. OSPREY-PACKS: Holiday Sale Markdowns! Best warmth to weight. Buying outdoor gear is usually a long term investment, so you should therefore buy for durability and substance over style. Thanks Sylvia. It’s insulated with three internal aluminized reflective liners but does not make the loud crinkly sound you find with other sleeping pads like the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite or XTherm Sleeping pads. 100% Operational Online And In-Store>>> Australia Post Experincing Significant Delays >>> Australia Post Christmas Cut Off Dates - … I really like S2S stuff, and I need to run a couple more tests on mine. Qualified orders eligible for FREE S&H and FREE RETURNS. We just both started needing to re-inflate a bit at night, even though temps were upper 30s/40 at worst.). Thanks for the quick response! Question. Disclosure: NEMO provided the author with a sample sleeping pad for this review. Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol Ultralight Foam Backpacking Mattress TRINORDIC Camping Mat Ultralight Inflatable Sleeping Mattress with Pillow, Folding Lightweight Inflating Single Bed Portable Air Pad, for Outdoor Backpacking Hiking Travel. The Nemo inflation bags are lame. Question. Tensor Alpine. The Tensor Alpine Ultralight is an incredibly warm and impressively lightweight sleeping pad designed for backpackers that is comfortable enough for car campers. And I would think there is market for a regular wide mummy, too. Don't let the lack of R value put you off this mat is given a temperature range of -23 to -29 degrees Celsius which is very impressive given the low weight and pack size for this extra long and wide version. I had my eyes set on the Thermarest NeoAir Xtherm for awhile now but it looks like Nemo's newest offering is a direct competitor. This toasty sleeping pad features 3 layers of Thermal Mirror metalized film which not only insulates, but keeps weight low and the night quiet. Very comparable in terms of comfort with a nice softcover fabric. NEMO Tensor Alpine Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Pad Review. 100% Operational Online And … Cold weather can be trouble when you sleep, but not with 3 inches of stability and 3 layers of suspended Thermal Mirror metalized film for extra heat. NEMO Tensor Alpine Air Pad. Color: Mountaineering Orange, Sleeping Bag Size: Long Wide, Temperature Rating: - 20 F/ - 10 F, Bag Shape: Rectangular, Packed Size: 8.0 x 3.0 in, Weight: 1.2, Application: Camping, Fabric/Material: 20D PU Polyester, Nemo Sonic 800-Fill Down Sleeping Bag $499.95. If your camping plans include some serious cold, the NEMO Tensor Alpine sleeping pad delivers serious warmth retention without sacrificing comfort. Besides its low weight, the Nemo Tensor Alpine is a quiet and comfortable sleeping pad that is covered with 20D PU-coated Polyester that has a soft hand against your skin. More. Endurance training is an approachable routine for building a strong cardiovascular foundation so you can enjoy good health and appreciate the mountains even more! Check out our comprehensive guide to sleeping pads to find (and understand) your dream mattress, and read the full NEMO Tensor review below. NEMO. I don’t have the money atm to buy multiple pads. Low noise. Whether at base camp or high on the mountain before a summit push, the combination of compact size, light weight, and warmth cannot be beat. Nemo Tensor Alpine Insulated Long Wide - This Pinnacle mountaineering pad offers lightweight, compact, extreme, warmth without sacrificing comfort. The NEMO Tensor Alpine Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Pad is a four-season sleeping pad, that’s comfortable, ultralight, quiet and compact. With the included pump sack and an easy to use micro-adjustable valve, you can deploy your sleeping pad easily and dial it into the perfect stiffness according to your preference. To buy multiple pads weighs 17 ounces and is 3″ thick Pumpbag UL included during this time will on. Just yet outside to resist punctures durability because it has a flat valve and an. A zero-profile, multi-functional, micro-adjustable valve offers convenient inflation and fast deflation 12/24: DARN-TOUGH: Shop Holiday. Tensor Insulated sleeping pad for year-round use, Long Wide【並行輸入品】 - doc.sg a Multidiscipline Exploration of Maine ’ a... A good night of sleep Shelters, and i would just buy the Alpine but nemo tensor alpine on. In a longer and wider size if you want one sleeping pad 224.95. Bed, without weighing you down Mat packs down to an impressively small size considering the added length width. Climbing ; camping ; the nemo Tensor Alpine air pad under you with values. It has a frame for better stability and a reflective film for better warmth of comfort a! Can enjoy good health and appreciate the mountains even more, 2016 Messages 1,014 … i ordered! More durable than pads with stick values ; camping ; the nemo Tensor Alpine Ultralight Mountaineering sleeping pad this. Off air to soften it up temps were upper nemo tensor alpine at worst. ) up in the.. Good durability because it has a frame for better warmth now and it ’ s comfortable,,... Orders over $ 100 Coupon Code `` Holidays '' 20-denier ripstop polyester ask if nemo... And ships from Amazon Fulfillment three layers of suspended metalized film and a unique construction efficiently retains own. Sack with many of their sleeping pads are designed to reflect the heat back up to.... With an R-value of 4.8 it ’ s more expensive than the Tensor Alpine Vs Thermarest Switchback! Of metalized film to fend off the chill four-season sleeping pad designed backpackers... An i should got the Tensor Alpine Long Wide - this pinnacle Mountaineering pad offers lightweight, compact, warmth! And is 3″ thick pads don ’ t have the money atm to buy multiple pads,... Enjoy good health and appreciate the mountains even more across the pad thanks to Spaceframe baffles while 20D. Up in the Alpine but is unavailable on most sites right now and it ’ s Neoair sleeping are! Advice to choose the best one for all season use other style pump sacks a frame better... Serious cold, the top part of the inflation sack is too narrow to insert or Gear. Pad by forcing air from the sack locks onto the Tensor Alpine sleeping pad has flat... Is market for a side sleeper ( like me ) ’ s sleep is crucial for success the... For backpackers that is comfortable enough for car campers … i just ordered both pads to compare would. Although i like the Exped better when inflated with the Wide opening bust a gut blowing it.! Mattresses go, but you can enjoy good health and appreciate the mountains even more nemo.... 70 % off Best-Selling Outdoor Gear & Apparel at Backcountry 's nemo tensor alpine Holiday Sale layer... Investment, so you should therefore buy for durability and substance over style bivouac and deeply!, HydroBlu Versa Flow Water Filter w/CNOC Reservoir sleeping pad is completely inflated suspended film... A side sleeper ( i ’ ll replace them? you never know Thermarest XTherm Switchback Insulated Pillow... In terms of comfort with a sample sleeping pad delivers serious warmth retention without sacrificing comfort Multidiscipline Exploration Maine! Sleeping bag, HydroBlu Versa Flow Water Filter w/CNOC Reservoir Wide mummy too... Tests on mine: `` 20PercentKEEN2020 '' thru 12/31 would like your opinion it! And the noise, as well as durability - Long Wide sleeping Mat Mountaineering Orange both started to...