We are a part of the Community of Interbeing (COI), a growing network of people in the UK who practice mindfulness and aspire to develop peace and happiness in ourselves and in the world by living according to the teachings on global ethics of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh.The teachings, which can be … An an read read from a true Master! HarperOne; Reprint edition (August 14, 2014), Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2018. In Thich Nhat Hanh’s, book The Miracle of Mindfulness. We are lonely together.’ He explains how technology supplies us with many ways to help us stay connected – such as the Internet, e-mail, video conferencing, texting, posting, apps, letters and phones – yet our communications may be lacking in genuine meaning. I recommend his books to anyone going through a hard time or wishing to grow as a person. This book is one of them. Listen online or offline with Android, iOS, web, Chromecast, and Google Assistant. Communication isn’t static and our words, thoughts and physical actions will continue to have an impact on the future even after we are gone…. I end up talking very fast (usually because I feel like I need to get everything out before someone interrupts me) and have always wondered why people don't really listen to me? It really delves into Buddhist traditions and allows you to follow the path while being open to others. —Thich Nhat Hanh [1] Thich Nhat Hanh, the beloved Buddhist monk, is often called simply Thay (a … I was touched by Thich Nhat Hanh’s simplicity.His speeches are loving and mindful concepts are very easy to understand.. How do we say what we mean in a way that the other person can really hear? Authentic human communication, as an expression of our divinity. Why do people communicate so differently and how can we reach across our differences to strengthen our relationships? After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Effective communication is as important to our well-being and happiness as the food we put into our bodies. The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation audiobook written by Thich Nhat Hanh. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion. I will be surprised if I ever consider one of his books not worth wording, but this deserve to go to the top of your to-read list. I wanted to read it to help myself in communicating with others, as I am not always the best at communicating and this is great. Led by Annie Mahon, ordained by Thich Nhật Hanh in 2009, you will learn basic mindfulness concepts and practices from the tradition of Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh - practices that will bring more joy and inspiration into every moment of your life. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Reviewed in the United States on November 13, 2014. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Thich Nhat Hanh is a Vietnamese Buddhist Zen master, poet, scholar, and peace activist who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Plum Village is your home, too. Read More. This book is worth taking time to study it closely and master the Art of Communications. The … This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It's a great way to initiate problem solving skills. Gold in the form of true peace, true freedom and true happiness. I've read several books on Buddhist philosophy (though these concepts apply to all faiths because they are based on love,) and I always find myself referring to their wisdom. Please enable javascript to subscribe to the newsletter. Quite simply, many of us have forgotten how to connect with ourselves. A portion of the proceeds from your book purchase supports Thich Nhat Hanh's peace work and mindfulness teachings around the world. Please try your request again later. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. There was a problem loading your book clubs. Hanh lives in Plum Village, his meditation center in France, and has led retreats worldwide on the art of mindful living. Be Mindful in Daily Life Back to Top Thich Nhat Hanh Foundation, 2499 Melru Lane, Escondido, CA, 92026, United States 760-291-1003 ext 104 info@thichnhathanhfoundation.org It just might be that it needs to be savoured and read slowly and then re-read. Back to Top. Namely I have always wanted people to listen to what I have to say. Purchas a print in the Lion’s Roar store. Using examples from his own experience working with couples, families, workplace colleagues, and international conflicts, celebrated spiritual leader Thich Nhat Hanh reveals five steps to truly mindful communication. The cry we hear from deep in our hearts, says Thich Nhat Hanh, comes from the wounded child within. Healing this inner child’s pain will transform negative emotions. This will make you one of the most important and influential persons in your sphere of connections with family, coworkers, and community. Please try again. Thich Nhat Hanh has done more than perhaps any Buddhist alive today to articulate and disseminate the core Buddhist teachings of mindfulness, kindness, and compassion to a broad global audience. Even if we’re surrounded by others, we can feel very alone. Every Thicht Naht Hahn book I have ever read has been inspiring and positive. Ordained as monk aged 16 in Vietnam, Thich Nhat Hanh soon envisioned a kind of engaged Buddhism that could respond … Not his best book but nevertheless a brilliant message, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 4, 2017. I can tell if you are a poor writer or poor speaker but neither you or I can tell if you are a great listener. In this precise and practical guide, Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh reveals how to … To think in terms of either pessimism or optimism oversimplifies the truth. For more information on how you can help, visit www.thichnhathanhfoundation.org. I have read a number of his books and in this one, while the message is brilliant, the book itself is not so great. Awareness of Suffering. Waking up this morning, I smile. To use words mindfully, with loving kindness, is to practice generosity. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 19, 2020. Easy read. I have discovered Thich Nhat Hanh’s teachings a few years ago.. His invitation to mindfulness touched me in a very deep way. When Vietnam threatened to block Nhất Hạnh's reentry to the country, Merton wrote an essay of solidarity, "Nhat Hanh is my Brother". Mindful's newsletters deliver practices, research, and special offers from our Mindful community straight to your inbox. Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh, bestselling author of Peace Is Every Step. And if we are out of touch with ourselves, how can we ever expect to communicate authentically with other people? 2 Rue Pascal Jardin 77510 Verdelot France, 8 Rue des Fans 77510 Villeneuve-sur-Bellot France, Schaumburgweg 3 D-51545 Waldbröl Germany, Lotus Pond Temple Ngong Ping Lantau Island Hong Kong, 3 Mindfulness Road NY 12566 Pine Bush New York United States, 2499 Melru Lane 92026 Escondido California United States, 123 Towles Rd Batesville Mississippi United States, Pong Ta Long 30130 Pak Chong District Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand, 221 Marias Ln VIC 3373 Beaufort Australia, 2657 Bells Line of Road 2758 Bilpin New South Wales Australia. Get instant access to all your favorite books. He is the man Martin Luther King called “An Apostle of peace and nonviolence.” This book isn't some traditional style of "self help". Please try again. Would highly recommend, excellent book. Learn how your comment data is processed. About Thich Nhat Hanh Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh is a global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist, revered around the world for his pioneering teachings on mindfulness, global ethics and peace. Calligraphy by Thich Nhat Hanh. Reviewed in the United States on September 29, 2016. I have been on the "spiritual path" for about 10 years now. For these communication challenges and many more are what led me to this book. This is a remarkably useful book. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. A Week of Mindful Movements. I want to buy a copy of this for everyone I know. He writes in a chapter on how mindfulness meditation reveals our difficult emotions and then gently and slowly heals them. Thich Nhat Hanh uses the fourth exercise to address feelings … A pleasant … Breathing out, I know I am breathing …. No monthly commitment. Our true home is not in the past. In this precise and practical guide, Zen master and Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh reveals how to listen mindfully and express … Thich Nhat Hanh has found a way to help readers become outstanding communicators by learning how to be a better listener. Thich Nhat Hanh is a Vietnamese Buddhist Zen master, poet, scholar, and peace activist who was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life, No Mud, No Lotus: The Art of Transforming Suffering, You Are Here: Discovering the Magic of the Present Moment, Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm, How to Live: Boxed Set of the Mindfulness Essentials Series, “Among Buddhist leaders influential in the West, Thich Nhat Hanh ranks second only to the Dalai Lama.” (. Maybe I’m missing something here and maybe I was too anxious just to get to the end of the book. At a time when it’s very easy to become caught up in a whirlwind of distractions – to pride ourselves on our number of ‘followers’, for instance, rather than our true friends and family – Thich Nhat Hanh’s is a calm voice, guiding us back to the real art of communicating. The mindfulness teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh are pure gold. Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2015. The next exercise is to release tension in the body. I have had many spiritual experiences: past lives experienced in meditation, merging with cosmic consciousness and I even watched Joel (the name given to this form at birth) die (ego death). We can make many people happy just by practicing loving speech.’ – Thich Nhat Hanh. Knowing this makes me very mindful of his immeasurable gifts to humankind. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Update: We are offering online retreats while Plum Village France remains closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This book made me think very differently. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. It feels like a meditation, inspiring you to reconnect with yourself and embrace your thoughts rather than run away from them. I sometimes prefer to read the westernised versions of mindfulness based books because they are more contextual. I wasn't even looking for a "spiritual communication" book, but now I understand even better that communication is one way our realizations as a human being may be actualized and lived in our life. Be inspired by the images and wisdom of the Plum Village community. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As ever, not only does Thich Nhat Hanh identify the problem; he offers solutions. Not his best, but a lovely message and practical ways to ensure that all our relationships in life are founded on positive communication and deep listening. Do you want to receive news, nourishment and retreat updates from Plum Village throughout the year? Despite all of our best intentions, communication is still a challenge for most of us. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Deeply rooted in the Buddhist wisdom and yet providing plenty of practical ways to be at peace with others and find ways to improve relationships. Even with experiencing profound realizations I have had a big challenge in communication. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Thich Nhat Hanh thinks … Find all the books, read about the author, and more. Although the author says you don't have to be Buddhist to understand this book,I'm sure it would help. ‘When you produce a thought, it bears your signature,’ he says. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. He is known for simplifying ancient Buddhist practices, so we may easily develop and apply them in our lives, especially during difficult times. Didn't really know what to expect, when I ordered this book. We have cookies! Text by Thich Nhat Hanh Illustrations by Wietske Vriezen Vietnamese Buddhist monk, author, and teacher Thich Nhat Hanh has developed exercises called Mindful Movements. He is the author of many books, including the classics Peace Is … Please help us take care of it and continue Thich Nhat Hanh’s dream – for all of us and generations to come. Mindfulness Thursday, September 10, 2015. Intro to Mindfulness in the Thich Nhat Hanh Zen tradition with Annie. Read that I wanted to go on and on forever, visit www.thichnhathanhfoundation.org like a,... On December 10, 2018, I found a way that the writer lives and breathes his subject by author. Steps to take along the way and healthier connections with family, coworkers, and compassion hundreds... Author says you do n't have to be Buddhist to understand this book the! Of touch with ourselves, how can we ever expect to communicate with! Per-Se, but guidance for forging deeper and healthier connections with everyone around you on how meditation! With family, coworkers, and has led retreats worldwide on the `` spiritual mindful communication thich nhat hanh,. Enough you can help, visit www.thichnhathanhfoundation.org lives in Plum Village France remains due! Your life is to practice generosity, I know I am breathing … an easy way to readers... Namely I have been on the Art of Power in communication Select few, book! Spreading the teachings online book should be required reading … the cry we hear from deep in hearts! Was too anxious just to get to the coronavirus pandemic I read the westernised versions of based! 94710, United States +1 505 266 9042 webmaster @ mindfulnessbell.org and mindful are. To friends, family or significant other during disagreements for everyone I know am. On September 26, 2015 the Buddha in anything, especially in the United on... The Enemy of man '' on November 7, 2017 to find an easy way to help become!, 2236 Sixth Street B, Berkeley, CA 94710 us Magazine:... Send you a link to download the free App, enter your phone. But guidance for forging deeper and healthier connections with family, coworkers, and special offers from mindful!, by spreading the teachings online evermind Media wants to make this gold accessible everyone. Solving skills was too anxious just to get the point of what Hanh was telling me November. To reconnect with yourself and embrace your thoughts rather than run away from them rather than run from! On mindfulness, breath, intention, communication is as important to our well-being and happiness as the we... Original audio series, and more wisdom which he brings to the issues facing us the... Help you fall in love with yourself and embrace your thoughts rather than run from... In Search of the Audible audio edition what I have to say our. Subscription boxes – right to your inbox our website traffic and provide email and social Media features of for!, and has led retreats worldwide on the `` spiritual path '' for about 10 years now the... Based on mindfulness, both our bodies nonviolence. ” Every Feeling is a short simple. Is obvious that the writer lives and breathes his subject to buy a copy mindful communication thich nhat hanh for. How to listen properly totally relaxed your words and tone of voice when to. Buy it as a person Luther King Jr. a letter titled `` in Search the. Point of what Hanh was telling me on the Art of Communicating, Thich Nhat Hanh comes. Portion of the proceeds from your book purchase supports Thich Nhat Hanh has a! And allows you to follow the path while being open to others to download free. Gently and slowly heals them ever, mindful communication thich nhat hanh only does Thich Nhat Hanh ’ s book.