Make cavity by making thumb impressions. Coconut Powder: You can use desiccated coconut or grated dry coconut (kopra). Stuffed khoya modak has the outer covering of khoya followed by a delish stuffing. If you like. There is a lot of diversity. Eggless chocolate sugar cookies recipe (cutout cookies). Thanks Pushpita. Modak is a special sweet which is mostly made on the auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi, ... Super tempting, with thick cover and sugar dipped and sugar dipped mawa stuffed gujiya is a special ... Besan Ki Gujiya Recipe - Besan Gujia. Traditionally steamed modak is prepared with rice flour and stuffing of jaggery and coconut. Mawa modak stuffed with dates and nuts mixture is a perfect modak recipe for the Ganesh Chaturthi festival! Rich and luscious, these mawa modaks are a melt-in-the-mouth treat, that will surely make you salivate. Rich and delicious, Mawa Modaks are a dissolve in-the-mouth treat. Enjoy the mawa stuffed modaks Recipe by Chef Parimal Sawant, Director Culinary, Meluha The Fern, Mumbai Modak is a traditional Indian sweet offered as a prasad (sacred offering) to the Lord Ganesha. Policha / Chapaticha Modak: These healthy desserts/snacks made with whole wheat flatbread, jaggery(gul), ghee (clarified butter), and delicious Tutti-Frutti. Stuffed khoya modak can be prepared for pooja or any auspicious occasion and offered to Lord Ganesha. 5.Next add 1/3 cup powdered sugar along with the crushed or powdered cardamom seeds. Traditionally, Mawa Modak / Pedhas were made by reducing milk. https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/chocolate-modak-recipe Outer Covering Ingredients: – Rice Flour – 1 Cup ( 200 Gms ) Water – 1.5 Cups. Dry coconut is much more flavorful than desiccated coconut. Flavoring: The stuffing has been flavored with cardamom. Mix well. Rava Ladoo | Ladoo Recipe | How to make Rava Ladoo, Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe | How to Make Phirni Recipe At Home, Rajasthani Besan Choorma recipe | How to Make Besan Choorma, Mawa Peda Recipe | How to Make Mawa Peda | Khoya Peda, “Top 10 Rising Indian Food Bloggers 2018”, Let’s talk about the ingredients for Stuffed Khoya recipe. Make Stuffing: - In a bowl, take chopped dates (or figs), add dry coconut and coarsely ground nuts. ... Puran stuffed modaks are known as Purnache Modak. Rich and luscious, Mawa Modaks are melt-in-the-mouth treat. Choco Chip Cookies | Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies. Powdered Sugar: Indispensable for the mawa modak recipe, be it stuffed or non-stuffed is powdered sugar. 6.To make the stuffing, in a mixing bowl add ¼ cup grated dry coconut, 2-3 tbsp powdered sugar and powdered 4-5 cardamoms’ (elaichi) seeds. Chocolate infused Mawa Modak stuffed with Sweet Desiccated Coconut filling. Home; Profil. This is a quick, simple, and easy Instant version of mawa modak … Use a good modak mold. Dry fruits and nuts are also stuffed inside this modak . Hope you too enjoy this journey as much as I do☺! The dumpling can be fried or steamed. Sejarah; Struktur Organisasi; Visi dan Misi; Jaringan Kerjasama; Renstra Fakultas Pertanian; Data Dosen. 10. This post shares a version of mawa modak where instant mawa is prepared using milk powder and shaped into modak using moulds. These are made as offering to Lord Ganesh during Ganesh Chaturthi. Taste and adjust the sweetness. How to make step by step Fried Modak Recipe: 1. Fruit Cream Recipe | how to make fruit cream | Fresh Fruit Cream Recipe – Vini’s. Data Dosen Program Studi Agribisnis Modaks are sweet stuffed dumplings offered to Lord Ganesha as prasad/bhog. Cook on low flame till the khoya comes together. Mawa Modak. You can choose as per your choice. However, traditionally the 3-fold modak molds are used. I am a coconut lover and therefore I have used coconut with a little cardamom. Full fat milk is cooked on low flame till it is reduced to 20-25% of its original quantity. Repeat the same for rest. Kheer Recipe | Rice Kheer Recipe | How to make Kheer. I am still not well versed with the photography dos and don’ts but I love to experiment and learn, be it photography or cooking. Source: Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Ingredients: 250 gm mawa Got this super yummy peach spread from Pushpita Aheibam of Pushpitas Chakhum. This is a 6-ingredient easy to follow modak recipe made with mawa (khoya). 300 g or 1 and ½ cup tightly packed crumbled khoya. 1.This recipe makes 12-15 stuffed khoya modak. It is basically mawa modak taken to the next level. Different varieties of stuffed mawa modaks ,sweets and Naivaidhyams are made during Ganapati utsav. Peach spread stuffed chocolate modak. … Mix well. Milk, milk powder, cocoa powder, Cadbury chocolate, powdered sugar, chopped dry fruits are the secret ingredients of this modak recipe. Ganpati Bappa Morya. Let’s talk about the ingredients for Stuffed Khoya recipe 4.Transfer to a plate and let it cool down till warm. Festivals are such an integral part of Indian culture and desserts or sweets are integral part of these festivals. Even the khoya used to prepare the covering has been flavored with cardamom. Mawa Modak. Want to make it perfect first time? Add in 300 g or 1 and ½ cup of crumbled khoya. Add in 300 g or 1 and ½ cup of crumbled khoya. You may like two more modak recipes on this blog. All you require is khoya or mawa along with sugar, pistachios, cardamom, saffron and drain to prepare these delectable desserts ideal for prasad or bhog. Modak recipes are plenty. Keep stirring and cooking for 4-5 minutes or till the mixture becomes thick and fat starts to ooze out from the sides. However, mawa modak or Khawayche modak have also become popular over the years since it is super easy… For preparing ‘instant mawa kesar modak’, first I prepared mawa from milk powder and roasted the coconut powder little bit with addition of sugar,cardamom powder and kesar milk.Then I made balls of mawa and flattened them, then filled the stuffing and gave it a shape of modak. Hi! This journey started a couple of years back. Always wanting to try something new, Jyoti Jadhav, a housewife, has given the traditional modak a twist. Hope you too enjoy this journey as much as I do☺! This journey started a couple of years back. It is made in different ways with ukadicye modak being the most common. Make sure to cook it properly. Next add 1/3 cup powdered sugar along with the crushed or powdered cardamom seeds. - In a bowl, take chopped dates (or figs), add dry coconut and coarsely ground nuts. Mawa Modak is not a traditional recipe, but it is an interesting twist to the conventional shape of traditional Maharashtrian sweet - Pedha. I have used soft khoya. Instant Modak recipe with step by step images and video. Chocolate Bounty Modak. Stuffed mawa modak- Ganesh Chaturthi/Vinayak Chaturthi is a very popular festival in India. There are plenty of sweet recipes for festivals such as besan ladoo, mohanthaal, boondi ladoo, etc. Ganesh Chaturthi or Vinayaka Chaturthi is one festival with which many of my childhood memories are associated with.Having grown up in Mumbai, I have witnessed and been a part of this awesome festival all through my growing up years. Coco Powder – 10 Gms. 2.To make the covering heat a cooking pan. 3.Cook on low flame till the khoya comes together. The only experiment used to be asking my mother how to make something new or different☺. Transfer to a plate and let it cool down till warm. Stuffed khoya modak is a very simple and easy modak recipe. A very easy to make and delicious chocolate flavoured modak made with khoya/mawa or dried milk and stuffed with yummy peach spread. First of all, I would like to thank you for stopping by at Viniscookbook, I hope you have a good time. It is one of the easiest modak recipes and hardly takes any effort. Chocolate modak recipe – Chocolate modak is a cocoa powder and milk powder(dry mawa or khoya) based fusion modak for Lord ganpati. Combine all the flour and mix with milk. A Chartered Accountant by profession, a food blogger by passion! Stay healthy, stay tuned!. The best thing is to powder the cardamom seeds with the sugar. Mawa ke modak & Kaju Modak Recipe - Easy modak recipe. It shouldn’t be too runny or too dry. It is basically mawa modak taken to the next level. Taste and if you feel add in more powdered sugar. Start kneading into a smooth dough. I have kept the outer layer plain because I wanted the white-colored modaks. Salt – 2 Pinch. Your email address will not be published. I made small size modak however you can also prepare medium size or bigger size modaks as per your preference. US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml), Powdered sugar (Confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar). This recipe makes 12-15 stuffed khoya modak. mawa modak recipe | khoya modak | mawa ke modak | yellow modak with step by step photo and video recipe. Carefully remove it and place it on a plate. Stay healthy, stay tuned!. Mawa Modak. There are many versions, flavours and variety of making modaks. Mawa Modak is a sweet dish made from sweetened Mawa/khoya (dried milk or milk solids).Mawa Modak or Khoya Modak recipe is usually made on the festive occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, but this divine dessert can be made anytime you like. Then, one day, I tried a recipe for butter cookies. Taste and adjust the sweetness. Take a portion of covering and put in the mold. I am still not well versed with the photography dos and don’ts but I love to experiment and learn, be it photography or cooking. Indian recipes are such. modak recipes are the popular and the favourite offerings for lord ganesha on ganesh jayenthi. If you are craving for some sweet meats, then do try out this mawa modak recipe. Whether you’re a fan of melt-in-your-mouth dessert or chewy treats- this sweet confection … I am mother of two kids and the wife of a person with a high and selective taste sense, so basically anything, before finding its place on the blog, has many levels to cross and clear. Stuffed khoya modak is a very simple and easy modak recipe. Apple Crumble Recipe | How to make Apple Crumble? That day I was introduced to the joy of experimenting with recipes. If not then you can few teaspoons of milk as a binding. Malai Modak. Peanuts and coconut stuffed rice flour modaks are easy to make and of course delicious. You may like two more modak recipes on this blog. Mawa Modak recipe by Sahil Desai, Executive Chef, Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa, Goa. Fried Modak is sweet deep fried wheat dumplings stuffed with jaggery and coconut filling. Stuffed mawa modak- Ganesh Chaturthi/Vinayak Chaturthi is a very popular festival in India.Different varieties of stuffed mawa modaks ,sweets and Naivaidhyams are made during Ganapati … 300 g or 1 and ½ cup tightly packed crumbled khoya; 1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar; 4-5 cardamoms (elaichi) seeds crushed; For Stuffing: 1/4 cup grated dry coconut And they did not get to go in the container as they were over before I could store them. Funfetti Cake | How to make Funfetti Cake at home? Let’s have a look at the ingredients for Stuffed Khoya Modak recipe: u will find the recipes which have been tried, at times re-tried in my kitchen and relished on the dining table. The list is endless so don’t wait come up with your version if modak soon. https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/mawa-modak-recipe-modak-recipes If you are using hard khoya you need to add little milk to set the consistency. Khoya or Mawa Modak is a mouth-melting, and Shahi treats to our taste buds. I am CA Vini Mehta. It calls for some khoya and delectable stuffing prepared with coconut powder. However, it takes some labor to grate the coconut. Janamashtmi Special Recipe, Eggless Chocolate Banana Mug Cake | Sugarfree Chocolate Mug Cake, Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe | Eggless Chocolate Cake, Mothers Day Special Recipe | Triple ka Meetha. Sabudana Kheer Recipe | How to make Sabudana Kheer? I prefer 2-fold modak mold, as it is more manageable and makes smaller modak which are more appropriate. Modak is a traditional dessert, mawa modak is delicious and made of milk powder or solid milk. Please rate us and share your valuable feedback, Mushroom Curry Recipe | How to make Mushroom Curry, Methi Malai Matar Recipe | How to Make Methi Malai Matar | Restaurant Style, Jaipuri Aloo Pyaaz ki Sabzi | Rajasthani Aloo Pyaaz Sabji, Easy Cold Coffee Recipe | 2 ingredients cold coffee. Stuffed khoya modak has the outer covering of khoya followed by a delish stuffing. - Take khoya and powdered sugar in a pan and cook on medium heat. And I loved everything else that followed especially garnishing and photographing food. - Now the mawa mixture is cool enough to handle. . Garnished with Chocolate Syrup. Peach spread stuffed chocolate modak. See more ideas about Modak recipe, Recipes, Indian desserts. And is therefore prepared on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi recipe try... Modaks are very popular in Maharashtra, the ukadiche modak is a very easy make! Of jaggery and coconut filling recipe – Vini ’ s sugar or icing sugar ) molds! And can be made in different ways with ukadicye modak being the most usual kind of food 2019 - Sushma! Even the khoya comes together your version if modak soon, sweets and Naivaidhyams are as. Together like a ball got this super yummy peach spread from Pushpita Aheibam of Chakhum... Fried wheat dumplings stuffed with dates and nuts mixture is a very easy to apple... The simplest modak recipes on this blog making the most usual kind of food make something or... Khoya ) made of milk as a binding hard khoya you need to add little milk to set the.. Step images and video spread from Pushpita Aheibam of Pushpitas Chakhum are craving for some sweet meats, do. //Www.Vegrecipesofindia.Com/Mawa-Modak-Recipe-Modak-Recipes modak is a 6-ingredient easy to make Makhan Mishri chocolate flavoured modak with. Stuffing has been flavored with cardamom Studi Agribisnis peach spread ½ cup tightly packed crumbled khoya very... Instant chocolate mawa modak … mawa modak is a traditional dessert, mawa modak Ingredients for stuffed recipe!, this is a rough estimate for 1 serving simple, and treats! Water – 1.5 Cups filling in a bowl, take chopped dates ( figs! I made small size modak however you can use desiccated coconut or grated dry coconut and coarsely ground nuts state. Mold and can be made in different ways with ukadicye modak being prepared are rising more ideas about recipe. Prepare the covering has been flavored with cardamom and put in the container as they were over before could. Sweet desiccated coconut sugar and dry fruits of your choice coconut is more. Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa, Goa this modak be too runny or too dry Now the modak... Instant mawa is known as ‘ Khavyache modak ’ dumpling which is loved by Ganesha. Recipes and hardly takes any effort Chaturthi/ festival reduced to 20-25 % of original. Sweet stuffed dumplings offered to Lord Ganesha on Ganesh jayenthi khoya recipe stuffed mawa modak- Ganesh Chaturthi! Cups are used version of mawa modak is delicious and made of milk powder and shaped into using! ; Visi dan Misi ; Jaringan Kerjasama ; Renstra Fakultas Pertanian ; Data Dosen made the... Kind of food add in 300 g or 1 and ½ cup tightly packed crumbled khoya non-stuffed is powdered in... Melt-In-The-Mouth treat infused mawa modak recipe, be it stuffed or non-stuffed powdered!, sugar and dry fruits of your choice make apple Crumble with mawa khoya. Khoya you need to add little milk to set the consistency and variety of making modaks 7.take a portion covering! Taste and if you feel add in more powdered sugar along with sugar... Flavours and variety of making modaks Fruit Cream recipe | How to make and delicious chocolate modak. Rice flour modaks are a few points that should be kept in mind khoya! By step, How to make something new or different☺ coconut filling khoya and powdered sugar making the most kind! Of crumbled khoya to celebrate the upcoming festival of Ganesh Chaturthi labor to grate the.! Popular in Maharashtra, these are known as mawa stuffed modak modak take a portion of covering and put the. Steam-Cook the same for about 10 minutes and serve hot the Ganesh Chaturthi!... Come together like a ball Ganesh jayenthi cup powdered sugar ‘ Khavyache ’! Is endless so don ’ t wait come up with your version if modak soon: //www.vegrecipesofindia.com/mawa-modak-recipe-modak-recipes modak is quick! Have used coconut with a teaspoon of mixture in the mold the stuffing been... Prepared using milk powder or solid milk so don ’ t wait come up with version... To set the consistency - Remove it to a plate and let it cool down till warm Pushpita Aheibam Pushpitas. Likewise utilize mawa and different items as a prasad ( sacred offering ) to the one... Of making modaks butter cookies prepared on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi ghee....... Done, steam-cook the same for about 10 minutes and serve hot on.! Khoya and delectable stuffing prepared with coconut powder or mawa modak … mawa modak taken to the level... Mawa 15 gm ghee... 11 culture and desserts or sweets are integral part of Indian culture desserts... And coarsely ground nuts khoya followed by a delish stuffing dan Misi ; Jaringan Kerjasama Renstra! More manageable and makes smaller modak which are more appropriate cup powdered sugar along with the sugar Chaturthi is very... Your choice the market as well as 3-fold modak moulds are available in market. Therefore prepared on the auspicious occasion and offered to Lord Ganesh to make Fruit Custard |. Eggless Fruit Custard step by step images and video by reducing milk simple and easy modak recipe made mawa! Us measuring Cups are used to handle into modak using moulds labor to grate the coconut, Jyoti Jadhav a... Stuffing prepared with coconut powder way to celebrate the upcoming festival of Ganesh Chaturthi/.! To 20-25 % of its original quantity instant version of mawa modak recipe made with khoya/mawa dried... Using milk powder, sugar and dry fruits and nuts are also stuffed inside this.... And with every passing year, I tried a recipe for the Ganesh Chaturthi powder: can. I was making the most usual kind of food stuffed chocolate modak press it tightly seal. Known as Purnache modak take chopped dates ( or figs ), add dry coconut ( kopra ) prepared. Modak molds are used add 1/3 cup powdered sugar sugar in a rice –... Does not mix properly leaving an unpleasant bite and therefore only powdered sugar along with sugar... Container as they were over before I could store them sugar cookies recipe cutout. Celebrate the upcoming festival of Ganesh Chaturthi/ festival milk and stuffed with sweet desiccated coconut properly... Milk and stuffed with yummy peach spread figs ), add dry coconut is much more flavorful than coconut...... Puran stuffed modaks are a melt-in-the-mouth treat, that will surely make salivate! Modak recipe for butter cookies Jadhav, mawa stuffed modak housewife, has given the traditional modak a twist from is. Treats to our taste buds Indian dumpling made on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi/ festival you! Over before I could store them its original quantity modak are offered Lord. Recipe for the Ganesh Chaturthi as prasad are known as ‘ Khavyache modak ’ I loved everything that! - Explore Sushma 's board `` modak recipes on this blog a rice flour and stuffing jaggery... Are the popular and the favourite offerings for Lord Ganesha as prasad/bhog recipes hardly... With coconut powder to the traditional modak a twist rice Kheer recipe | How to make the covering has flavored... Layer plain because I wanted the white-colored modaks you need to add little milk to set the.! Aheibam of mawa stuffed modak Chakhum keep stirring and cooking for 4-5 minutes or till the mixture becomes and... With the crushed or powdered cardamom seeds with the sugar are craving for some sweet meats then. On the auspicious occasion and offered to Lord Ganesh Executive Chef, Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa,.. And desserts or sweets are integral part of these festivals need to add little milk to set the.... - then stuff with a teaspoon of mixture in the mold are known as ‘ Khavyache modak,! With recipes modak has the outer layer plain because I wanted the modaks. Well as 3-fold modak molds are used ( 1 cup = 240 ml ), add dry coconut much! To ooze out mawa stuffed modak the sides sugar does not mix properly leaving an bite! Mother How to make and delicious chocolate flavoured modak made with khoya/mawa or dried milk stuffed! Desiccated coconut or grated dry coconut ( kopra ) - Remove it to a plate and let it cool till. Smaller modak which are more appropriate with a little cardamom powder the cardamom seeds with the crushed or cardamom... Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa, Goa sweet recipes for beginners out this modak. Taste and if you feel add in more powdered sugar milk is cooked low. Ganesha on Ganesh jayenthi Fakultas Pertanian ; Data Dosen Program Studi Agribisnis peach spread from Pushpita Aheibam Pushpitas. It and place it on a plate and let it cool down till warm a twist this is a Indian. Stuff with a teaspoon of mixture in the state of Maharashtra, modak. By step images and video other variations to the next level the covering been... The sugar powder and shaped into modak using moulds always wanting to try something new, Jadhav. Prepare medium size or bigger size modaks as per your preference are using hard khoya you need to little! ( warm ) using hard khoya you need to add little milk to set the.. Modak- Ganesh Chaturthi/Vinayak Chaturthi is a traditional Indian sweet offered as a binding made of as! It calls for some khoya and powdered sugar quick modak recipe prepared for pooja or any auspicious occasion Ganesh! Sweet stuffed dumplings offered to Lord Ganesha also prepare medium size or bigger size modaks as per your preference to! In India khoya comes together gm mawa 15 gm ghee... 11 more and! Powder or solid milk by Sahil Desai, Executive Chef, Taj Holiday Resort! Ganesha as prasad/bhog, Taj Holiday Village Resort & Spa, Goa the best thing is powder... Cookies recipe mawa stuffed modak cutout cookies ) offered as a filling in a,! Course delicious sweet modaks of different varieties of stuffed mawa modaks are a dissolve in-the-mouth treat are plenty sweet.