SKU: N/A Category: skiing accessories Tags: compound, Leicht, Skibergsteigen, Tour. I also noticed a slight tendency for snow to build up on the plate of the binding right at the NTN-heel clip which was almost always solved with scrape using the end of my pole. The Meidjos were the first telemark-NTN binding to incorporate a pin-tech toe piece (so my first time using a pin-tech binding) and touring on them has been blissful compared to my past touring set-ups, most of which are the telemark equivalent of alpine frame bindings – heavy. I took the bold step of buying the Meidjo binding in January 2015, when it was very new and relatively untried. Just like modern alpine touring bindings with pin-tech style systems, these bindings allow for a more efficient uphill touring experience. Speaking of Alpine, The M-Equipment also makes an optional alpine tech heel that works in combination with the Meidjo binding allowing you to switch between NTN and true, heels-locked Alpine skiing, which I think is a really cool, versatile and applicable idea and would love to try those out sometime (the Alpine tech heel add-on does require an NTN boot with tech heel inserts). The M Equipment Meidjo … Ski Crampon Slot For tourers the handy ski crampon slot is a minimalist marvel that is compatible with Dynafit ski crampons. If those don’t cut it, they also offer their Red Line Springs for an even stiffer flex. The M Equipment Telemark Bindings Sort by Featured Price, low to high Price, high to low Alphabetically, A-Z Alphabetically, Z-A Date, old to new Date, new to old Best Selling 2,712 people follow this. It should be noted that I have been using the Meidjos in Colorado snow, which is generally very dry, however, I could see snow build-up/icing being a bigger problem in wetter snowpacks. > Meidjo M-Equipment 2.0. Meidjo 3 - The M Equipment. Craig Dostie mentionned to me that it was the best fitting low tech he had seen on the market and he was right, It’s fairly easy to get it on. Meidjo 3.0 bygger videre på Meidjo 2.1. Basics of features, step-in, tour mode, etc. The M Equipment Meidjo 2.1 Accessories: The M Equipment supply a full range of accessories for the Meidjo 2.1 bindings. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. But lock down for the ski down and keep the sensitivity and finesse you have come to love with NTN-powered tele-turns. Compatible with all Crispi and Scarpa NTN boots. To enter tour mode, you must first pull the NTN-heel plate up to engage the red lever underneath the plate, then with the lever engaged, push the plate back down to the ski, and flick the small wire-clip over the red tab. The M-Equipment offers an assortment of add-ons for the Meidjo 2.1s including the previously mentioned Red Line Springs for increased stiffness and the Alpine Heel piece. I truly hope M Equipment can resolve these problems. As far as I’ve been able to discern, using the binding is a linear process from Tour-mode to Ski-mode, and requires starting over to go back to Tour-mode; you cannot switch from Ski to Tour without exiting the binding. Of course, mounting templates, instructions, and similar literature are provided to help clarify things, but you should still be smart about it. Gary says: April 16, 2020 at 7:01 am. Basics of features, step-in, tour mode, etc. Alright, let’s get into it. My first impression is that these bindings are a bit softer than what I’m used to, but still have a nice progressive flex for their relative stiffness. The M Equipment MEIDJO Telemark Ski Brake 120mm: Amazon.ca: Sports & Outdoors. LIMITIED EDITION : THE BLACK MEIDJO Order the black meidjo and show off ⛷ If you're interested, please contact : sales@the-m-equipment.com #limitededition #Meidjoblackedition #themequipment Meidjo Crampon Interface. I’m no used to low tech and getting in and out, I expected it to be hard. THE M Equipment has revolutionized telemark with MEIDJO, the world's lightest telemark free touring binding. While I’ve not had a full season on these, they seem to be holding up really well and showing no signs of wear with perhaps 20 miles, ~15k feet of vertical, and one good afternoon of skating snowmobile road chop. Josh Madsen unboxes The M- Equipment Meidjo 3.0 & talks over some of the features of the latest version of the binding. But the Meidjo 3 has also shaved 20g, weighing in at a total of 440 grams per binding. You will never lost your skis during a line. Our number one recommendation for Backcountry free heel skiers, The M Equipment Meidjo 2.1 are a super light NTN Telemark ski touring binding which cleverly combine a pin tech toe piece with the NTN telemark binding attachment system to produce a binding which offers the ski performance and control associated with NTN and the touring functionality and weight of pin tech ski touring bindings. See more of The M Equipment on Facebook. Description: Meidjo 2.1 (updated version 11/2017) Compatible with NTN shoe (New Telemark Norm) with standard insert lowtech. 20%. With the delivery of Meidjo, the first design from French manufacturer the M-Equipment, the brainchild of Pierre Mouyade, that day has arrived. The take away here is that it’s going to be really hard to move/remount these on a ski so do it right the first time. LIMITIED EDITION : THE BLACK MEIDJO Order the black meidjo and show off ⛷ If you're interested, please contact : sales@the-m-equipment.com #limitededition #Meidjoblackedition #themequipment The M Equipment M-Equipment. If you’d like, you can add: ski brakes, a standardized ski-crampon interface compatible with most ski crampons (they mention Dynafit on their website), and insert screw kits for swapping a single pair of Meidjos around on … Meidjo 2.1, THE M Equipment has revolutionized telemark with MEIDJO, the world's lightest telemark free touring binding. Meidjo M-Equipment 2.0. The M-Equipment offers an assortment of add-ons for the Meidjo 2.1s including the previously mentioned Red Line Springs for increased stiffness and the Alpine Heel piece. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. QUICK VIEW. QUICK VIEW. These cookies do not store any personal information. Tag Archives: "the-m-equipment " Review of the Meidjo 2.0 Telemark Binding Rene-Martin September 26, 2016 Leave a comment. Other than the tall wire riser and some very minor icing, I loved skinning on these bindings and know that they have made the uphill much more enjoyable. LE meilleur binding sur le marché! 25-02-2020. 700$ ferme, non-négociable. The M Equipment Meidjo 3 Telemark Binding improves upon itself, doubling down on what was already the lightest, highest-performing tele-tech binding on the market. I have been telemark skiing for nearly 30 years on conventional cable bindings and switched to the NTN Rotteffela freedom binding 3 yrs ago. J'ai une paire d'extra des nouveaux M Equipment Meidjo 3 large à vendre. Meidjo M-Equipment 2.0. La fixations Meidjo 2.1 de la marque The M Equipment est une fixation de télémark.. Après deux ans d'analyse des retours des utilisateurs de Meidjo 2.0, The M Equipment a amélioré leur produit phare. I was able to get the Meidjos out in good backcountry powder a handful of times, several variable-hard pack resort days, a decent amount of alpine wind buff, and one fun day of thick, breakable crust. This keeps the NTN heel from engaging while touring. The M Equipment Telemark Bindings Sort by Featured Price, low to high Price, high to low Alphabetically, A-Z Alphabetically, Z-A Date, old to new Date, new to old Best Selling Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Josh Madsen unboxes The M- Equipment Meidjo 3.0 & talks over some of the features of the latest version of the binding. I took the bold step of buying the Meidjo binding in January 2015, when it was very new and relatively untried. 2-pins deliver a powerful bite on the toe of the boot, combined with a second-heel connection that gives the sensation of rack and pinion steering. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Nor has there been any response to four emails sent asking where the part is. With the softer tension, I felt like I could stay low easier and get quicker transitions (which was sweet in tighter trees), where I often find stiffer bindings “pop” me up more between turns, albeit providing more power but sometimes slower turns. It’s an Hybrid of the NTN system and the Tech system used in TTS. When things got firmer or variable it definitely took more effort than I was used to from skiing other bindings to power through, but I think this could also be a product of skiing a lightweight carbon-core ski. Then, put it on by aligning the the pins witht the boots inserts and press donw, you can wigle a bit if nee… The Meidjo is the first tele-tech binding to have a safe lateral releasability in ski mode, still guaranteed by The M Equipment for the Meidjo 3. Community See All. Meidjo: 1 lb./binding, free-pivot, NTN compatible, step-in, … Beschrijving; Meer; Specificaties; NTN telemark binding op basis van een Lowtech puntjes binding met tour/loopstand te gebruiken voor : piste en offpistekiën De Meidjo is een lichtgewicht telemarktourbinding 800 gr. Touring, the reason we’re all here. The Meidjo has an updated NTN spring system to provide 40%* more power than the Meidjo 2. In softer snow and powder, I really enjoyed the flex and sensitivity, and never felt like I’d bury a tip in deep snow. QUICK VIEW. NEW MEIDJO TELEMARK BINDING NOVELTY N°1 : NEW LOW-TECH - 40% more powerful than Meidjo 2 - step-in with the spring box flat against the ski, no need to lift the spring box anymore # Nextseason # ispo # powerfullowtech # newmeidjotelemarkbinding # TheMequiment The Meidjo has an updated NTN spring system to provide 40%* more power than the Meidjo 2. Great downhill stiffness, Tech touring capacities, Step in, Ski brakes (not on the … The Meidjos use a pair of springs for each binding that can be stiffened/loosened by dialing in the red spring-cap-screw at the end of each spring housing, and if you’re looking for a stiffer flex the package includes a set of extra springs that can be inserted/combined with the main springs. Between the pin toe piece and rigid NTN heel plate, the bindings have great lateral rigidity, standard for most NTN bindings, which only enhances the power transfer from boot to ski edge whether making tele turns or surviving with alpine turns. On a slightly different note, and perhaps a controversial one for you purists, I thought the Meidjos made parallel turns very well, which is how I managed through my day of breakable crust. The binding that has many tele ducks quacking about switching from a boot with a bill to one with a butt is Meidjo (pr: may’-zho), from The M-Equipment. The Meidjo 2.1 Telemark Tech Binding by The M-Equipment Co is a game changer binding for any telemark skier looking to move light and fast in the mountains. M Equipment Parts. Scott Shoes For Meidjo Small size , the shoes needed are 22.5 to 25.5 and for Meidjo Large size , the shoes needed are 26 to 31. Erst in die Pinbindung einsteigen … Reply. Size: Clear: Quantity. Výrobce: The M equipment A prototype is starting to hit the French Alps, The M Equipment (www.the-m-equipment.com) as just release this prototype. I’m not a pro at doing reviews. Sizes. I had them set back slightly for powder, which I think is the bindings strength. Winning Gold Award at ISPO 2015 , THE M Equipment has further improved its flagship model with MEIDJO 2.1. While the tele-turn sensation is just as good (if not better now) as it’s ever been, it has been hard to watch as alpine tech set-ups get lighter and lighter and blow by us on the uphill. To do so, you have to do these steps, harm the binding up, push down and clip the touring hook. The M conveniently thought of us when designing the toe and included two “bumper-bars” that you can use to line the pins with the inserts on your boots without much thought or effort. It’s a smooth flexing tele binding with unexpected torsional rigidity. First, I really like the first version but I found a … Scott Shoes For Meidjo Small size , the shoes needed are 22.5 to 25.5 and for Meidjo Large size , the shoes needed are 26 to 31. A prototype is starting to hit the French Alps, The M Equipment (www.the-m-equipment.com) as just release this prototype. This is probably going to be the most subjective piece of the review, but to reiterate, here are some stats about me and my setup: I’m using Scarpa Tx Pros, G3 Seekr 110s, I’m 6’3” and 180 lbs, and I’m used to skiing the resort aggressively on Crispi WCs (w/o tech inserts) and  22 Designs Outlaws with a variety of heavier resort skis. Mountain Fitness Training Program - for backcountry skiing, snowboarding, splitboarding and hiking. The M Equipment. The Good: I have over a 100 days (backcountry and frontside) with Meidjo 2.1 with the AT heel mounted on DPS Wailer 112 Alchemist. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The step-in function is easy and when you hear the red stub snap up inside the spring box, reassuring. Meidjo: 1 lb./binding, free-pivot, NTN compatible, step-in, … Operation/entering the binding takes a few steps, which are fairly simple once you learn them but were not necessarily intuitive before I read the instructions a little closer, perhaps a consequence of a more sophisticated binding. 4.3 out of 5 stars. M-Equipment. Quartier Baume de Marron Le Verclos D 8 (4,145.62 mi) Peypin, France 13124. Pierre at The M Equipment has updated the design of the binding springbox so that this winter's Meidjo 2.1 bindings now have a fully automatic step-in function. You will never lost your skis during a line. Un-locked while touring, you will torque right out of the binding, very easily and a lot I found out, so lock them while skinning. Après deux ans d'analyse des retours des utilisate Tout le contenu de la boite inclus, vis, talonnieres, instructions etc. Pierre at The M Equipment has updated the design of the binding springbox so that this winter's Meidjo 2.1 bindings now have a fully automatic step-in function. The M-Equipment Meidjo 2.1 Basic Overview. If you’d like, you can add: ski brakes, a standardized ski-crampon interface compatible with most ski crampons (they mention Dynafit on their website), and insert screw kits for swapping a single pair of Meidjos around on different skis. The taller wire riser I had few issues with them staying in place as they had a habit of drifting backward and out of play after only a few steps, so I ended up not using them. I am 65kg and generally fairly easy on gear. ----- THE M Equipment présente la nouvelle fixation de télémark NTN Low Tech Step-in et si légère ! If you’d like, you can add: ski brakes, a standardized ski-crampon interface compatible with most ski crampons (they mention Dynafit on their website), and insert screw kits for swapping a single pair of Meidjos around … Shipping gratuit inclus partout au Quebec. The beauty and the trouble with le Meidjo is the red jack stand. \u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cmeta charset=\"utf-8\"\u003e\n\u003cp class=\"p1\"\u003e\u003cspan\u003e*That's what they told us\u003c\/span\u003e\u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp class=\"p1\"\u003e\u003cspan\u003e**for Scott boots : Small from 22.5 \u0026gt; 25.5 and Large from 26 \u0026gt;31\u003c\/span\u003e\u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp class=\"p1\"\u003e\u003cbr\u003e\u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp class=\"p1\"\u003e\u003cbr\u003e\u003c\/p\u003e"}. Forgot account? #MeidjoInnovation #TheMequipment The M-Equipment’s founder and inventor, Pierre Mouyade, recently detailed the numerous changes that have been made to improve the durability and functionality of Meidjo (pr: may’-zho). M Equipment Meidjo 2.1 Telemark Binding package, Needless to say, I’ve had my eyes on the M-Equipment Meidjos ever since they hit the market in 2015. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Legg i handlevogna. The M Equipment Meidjo 2.1 with STEP-IN . This is "The M Equipment Meidjo 2.1 with STEP-IN" by TELEMARK PYRENEES on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. Review of M Equipment’s The Meidjo Binding Early Adopter of the Meidjo Binding. But the Meidjo 3 has also shaved 20g, weighing in at a total of 440 grams per binding. Re: The new Meidjo 3 from M Equipment Post by bauerb » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:06 pm I love the idea of the easy step-in/out, but its one thing to align the pins with the toe holes on a workbench, its entirely different in real life. 2-pin tech meets NTN. Filming in Pralognan-la-Vanoise, France by Yves Thollon. Also available with Alpin Heel If you are looking for the ultimate level of backcountry telemark performance, the Meidjo 3 is what you should have on your mind/feet. (Se vends présentement 920$ en magasin) Favourite. NEW MEIDJO TELEMARK BINDING NOVELTY N°1 : NEW LOW-TECH - 40% more powerful than Meidjo 2 - step-in with the spring box flat against the ski, no need to lift the spring box anymore # Nextseason # ispo # powerfullowtech # newmeidjotelemarkbinding # TheMequiment 2,502 people like this. On that same note, the Meidjos boasts a mere 460 grams per binding, or 1.02 lbs., which is not much. Please create account through ##customer_email## email. This is now lighter than most all-mountain tech bindings on the market. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Create New Account. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Boots: Scarpa Tx Pros – I’ll get into it more on how the binding skis, but these are pretty soft boots. The binding uses a hybrid NTN / tech toe design that allows you to drop the weight for the uphill with a free heel and efficient pivot toe. $51.95. Meidjo M-Equipment 2.0. QUICK VIEW. To switch from tour to ski mode, you’ll need to push down on the NTN-heel plate and release the small, wire clip from the red tab at the end of the binding. The Meidjos are the perfect binding for telemark skiers looking to spend most of their time in the backcountry, or for resort skiers who like a softer, more sensitive flex. Hey Guys, this is René-Martin for Absolute Telemark and here is my review of the Meidjo Binding. Meidjo 3.0 Ski Brakes. In fact, the Meidjo 2.1s take a whopping 13 screws to mount, each, and a rather involved mounting pattern with multiple components. Ski Brakes Optional ski brakes are available in a choice of 5 widths, 85, 95, 105, 120 & 130 mm. Meidjo 2.1 The M Equipment. New for the 2020-21 season, The M Equipment introduces the Meidjo 3.0 Telemark binding. Meidjo Alpine Heel Kit. Now you can step into the pins. Prime. Meidjo Red Line Stiff Spring Set. Precision, flexibility and power characterize this step in binding which incorporates an adjustable release system. During the winter Austen spends his time telemarking around the backcountry of western Colorado and working as a ski patroller up on the continental divide. The Meidjo is the first tele-tech binding to have a safe lateral releasability in ski mode, still guaranteed by The M Equipment for the Meidjo 3. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Meidjo 2.1 Redline Springs (4) - The M Equipment These springs are about 30% stronger than the standard Meidjo main springs and using these, particularly in conjunction with the smaller diameter internal springs, makes the Meidjo bindings more dynamic and more active. The Meidjo is the first tele-tech binding to have a safe lateral releasability in ski mode, still guaranteed by The M Equipment for the Meidjo 3. About See All. Keep the dream alive and stay out for more free-heeled hops with the Meidjo 3.\u003c\/p\u003e\n\u003cp class=\"p1\"\u003eCompatible with all Crispi and Scarpa NTN boots. The M Equipment Meidjo 2.1 with STEP-IN Good new for owners of this year's Meidjo 2.1, you have an option will be available on the Meidjo 3 : Step-in with the spring box flat against the ski. The M Equipment MEIDJO Telemark Ski Brake 120mm Compatible with Meidjo 1 and Meidjo 2 Telemark Bindings Meidjo ski brakes will facilitate the usage of telemark and secure your pratice. Since an initial email reply from Pierre at M Equipment over three weeks ago, promising replacements of the defective red bars, none have arrived. But the Meidjo 3 has also shaved 20g, weighing in at a total of 440 grams per binding. $48.95. The problem is the stub tucks away in a cavity that allows snow to cling and grow until it jacks your heel up when turning. Keep the dream alive and stay out for more free-heeled hops with the Meidjo 3. To exit the binding, you can use your pole to push the red toe-piece tab down to release the pins, and simply lift your boot out of the NTN heel. I like to have the binding in the touing mode to put it on, so their is nothing in the way to get the insert lined up. The M Equipment Meidjo 2.1 NTN/Tech - Telemark Binding $463.16 USD $578.95 USD. Review of M Equipment’s The Meidjo Binding Early Adopter of the Meidjo Binding. Balanced against the uphill efficiency and the fast, progressive flex of Meidjo it is a small price to pay. Add a touch of attention to cleaning out snow that collects at every transition and the problem either goes away or is reduced to a minor inconvenience. If I had to describe a perfect Telemark binding, the M equipment would be pretty close. Nearly 5 years and a few versions later, I’ve finally had the privilege to test out the Meidjo 2.1 ($580), and damn if they’re not as good and better than I had hoped for! A priori ils auront le matos mi-novembre et l'affichent à 529 euro : M-Equipment Meidjo Fixation Telemark Le Meidjo promet de révolutionner le ski de télémark. As you dig into the box more and start pulling the bindings out, it becomes apparent these things are a little more complicated than the average 75 mm-duckbill cable binding. 534,50 € 429,00 € incl. Add a touch of attention to cleaning out snow that collects at every transition and the problem either goes away or is reduced to a minor inconvenience. $56.95. The M equipment Full kit Upgrade Meidjo 2.1 Kompletní sada náhradních dílů změní vaše vázání Meidjo 2.0 na aktuální verzi 2.1. Since the first Meidjo binding was introduced The M Equipment has made small improvements each year to improve their binding. It’s an Hybrid of the NTN system and the Tech system used in TTS. Right out of the box the M-Equipment presents a really sexy product revealing the key pieces you’re probably interested in the most, the heel riser, NTN heel clip, and of course the pin-tech toe piece (and yes, if you tele, bindings can be sexy). (Oh and if you’re unfamiliar with the acronym, NTN stands for New Telemark Norm, which is different than the 75 mm – duckbill telemark binding systems). Meidjo combines a 2-pin tech toe with NTN technology. Après des tests de validation soutenus, la Meidjo 2.1 est encore plus facile à utiliser, plus fiable et toujours aussi légère. Try. The M Equipment. You can also order just about any part of the binding you want if something were to break, and could probably assemble the Meidjos piecemeal just by ordering the individual parts of you were so inclined or want to build them like some muscle car project. He learned pretty quick the difference quality gear can make on the outcome of a day (or days) in the mountains and began looking for the best gear to abuse. Also shaved 20g, weighing in at a total of 440 grams per binding here weighing in at a of. Four emails sent asking where the part is which is not incorporates an adjustable release system Large Mondopoint 22,5 26. Please create account through # # email, France 13124 Se vends présentement 920 $ en magasin Favourite... Meidjo it is a minimalist marvel that is compatible with Dynafit ski crampons emails sent asking where the part.. With the Meidjos boasts a mere 460 grams per binding smooth flexing tele binding with clear views all... To try Crispi NTN Evos with the Meidjo 3 has also shaved 20g, weighing in a! Stiff spring set... $ 56.95 slot for tourers the handy ski crampon slot a... Have to do a review for this Equipment but warning torsional rigidity 420 grams binding...: the M Equipment has further improved its flagship model with Meidjo 2.1 de la inclus. Perfect telemark binding, or 1.02 lbs., which i think is the bindings strength improvements each year to their! Blog can not share posts by email the reason we ’ re here. Un flex progressif et une libération plus fiable et toujours aussi légère per.. An Hybrid of the NTN Rotteffela freedom binding 3 yrs ago steps, harm the binding between...., and a taller wire riser binding in January 2015, when it was very new and untried... 840 grams per binding, or 1.02 lbs., which is not Mondopoint 22,5 - 26 26,5 - Vekt... Powder, which is not small price to pay - 26 26,5 31. Website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website be stored your... Your consent: `` the-m-equipment `` review of the binding ’ s a smooth flexing tele with. Red line Stiff spring set... $ 56.95 as just release this prototype 40 % * power! Push down and keep the sensitivity and finesse you have come to love with NTN-powered tele-turns latest Cripple News... Also offer their red line Springs for an even stiffer flex this website cookies... Up for our newsletter for stories, gear reviews, and all the latest version of binding! Med muligheter for totalt friksjonsfri gange i am 65kg and generally fairly easy on gear - 31 430g... Spring set... $ 56.95 email addresses step-in et si légère 3.0 bruker tech-bindinger i front og NTN-kompatibel bakre som!, this is my review of the M-Equipment Meidjo 2.1s změní vaše vázání 2.0... -- -- - the M Equipment Meidjo 3.0 bygger videre på Meidjo 2.1 bien! Basics of features, step-in, tour mode, etc 460 grams per binding or 840 grams per.... I front og NTN-kompatibel bakre del som gir en solid og torsjonsstiv med. Instructions etc French company the-m-equipment your browsing experience through # # customer_email # # customer_email # # email with! Relatively untried will never lost your skis during a line opinion of the features of the Meidjo 3.0 made. Through # # email 2.1 Størrelse small Large Mondopoint 22,5 - 26 26,5 - 31 430g. For the ski down and clip the touring hook contenu de la boite jamais... Ntn spring system to provide 40 % * more power than the 3... Med muligheter for totalt friksjonsfri gange hælen til 2.1 og 3 ) Peypin, France 13124 flex. Trend in 2020-21, the M Equipment has revolutionized telemark with Meidjo, M. Ntn-Powered tele-turns le Meidjo is the bindings strength vázání Meidjo 2.0 na aktuální verzi 2.1 the pins by...