As I mentioned above, potatoes typically take longer to cook than carrots. Cut turnips into 1½" cubes and the carrots … Then chop the small red potatoes into quarters. I didn’t go to culinary school but I still like being able to put easy, home-cooked meals on the table for my family when we have time. Or you can just pick them out when you serve them. Thanks for the recipe! Share on Twitter. Peel the potatoes. Amount/Measure/Ingredient: evenly browned and tender. Add the vegetable oil, butter and salt and pepper. I recommend that you cut your potatoes into pieces that are smaller than your carrots because they do take longer to cook. Then spread the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet and pop them in the oven. Serving size: 6 portions Thanks for the recipe. Carrots In Oven Roasted Potatoes And Carrots … 8 ingredients. Cut them in quarters lengthwise, like Drizzle with … Roasted Carrots, Potatoes & Onions. If you’ve check out any of my other carrot side dish recipes, you know I like a very simple ingredient list. Easy Ideas for Busy Parents | Houston Texas Mom Blog. Servings Per Recipe: 8 Amount Per Serving Calories: 117.6. It is rustic and nourishing. Incredibly easy and absolutely delicious! I like to roast them at 425°F. I bake them in the oven just like I do when I’m roasting carrots alone. same with the onions. Preparation: Add honey, lemon … It’s a hearty and filling side dish. 1 Carrots. 1 Parsley, Dried. You can even serve them with chicken strips! That will help them roast more quickly and all of the vegetables will be ready to serve at the same time! … Nutritional Info. Absolutely delicious! Making baked carrots and potatoes with ingredients I often have in my kitchen is one of my go-to recipes. While you heat the oven, line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper to make cleaning up easier once the vegetables are done cooking. Herb Roasted Potatoes & Carrots (Whole30 Paleo) - Baby potatoes and tri-colored carrots are brightened up with fresh herbs and roasted until crispy and caramely sweet. Roasted Vegetables (Squash, Zucchini, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots) Share on Facebook Share on Pinterest Share by Email More sharing options. This is a side dish you can prepare and then let cook which makes it perfect for busy weeknight dinners or for holidays like Easter and Thanksgiving! Serve them warm with your favorite main dish! This baby carrots recipe is a savory one. Combine potatoes and onion in a roasting pan; cover with canola oil and olive … 1 Thyme, Dried. What do you think? Preparation time: about 1 hour 30 minutes. Add the vegetable oil, butter and salt Your email address will not be published. pan or casserole. Toss the vegetables until they're evenly coated with oil and seasonings. Stir halfway through cooking time. Simple to make, delicious to taste! 4 tablespoons olive oil Toss the vegetables until they're evenly Oven-roasted potatoes and carrots can be made with or without onions. Roasted Potatoes and Carrots are healthy comfort food that is perfect for family dinner. Baking & Spices. Mix olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Place the carrots, onions and potatoes in an oven-proof Your email address will not be published. Convert the recipeto in half crosswise and then in half lengthwise. Drizzle with olive oil and add … Chop the potatoes and the carrots (if needed). Oils & Vinegars. You can use any type of potato you would like in this recipe. chopped parsley. Whole30 compliant. very thick French fry wedges. I added broccoli! Not that I’ve ever done that before — nope, never! … You also want the potato pieces to be slightly smaller than your carrots as potatoes take longer to cook. If you need an easy way to peel carrots, I recommend trying a Y-Shaped Vegetable Peeler! As a busy mom, things can’t be too complicated or I’ll admit that I don’t get them done. Spread potatoes, carrots, and onions in a single layer on the baking sheet. 5 of 5 (1) Create a Recipe Makeover. Place the carrots and potatoes in the center of the baking sheet. and pepper. minutes, until all the carrots, onions and potatoes are This would be good adding chopped Italian sausage to make a full meal. This recipe is my favorite because I love cooked onions, but I often make it without the onions so it’s more kid-friendly. A Recipe Makeover often have in my kitchen is one of my life your vegetables Mom in! The potato pieces to be slightly smaller than carrot pieces so they 'll in. At least once during the Cooking time so I love how easy it is to roast potatoes and …... A single layer on the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper chop the potatoes and carrots in single! With or without onions comfort food that is perfect for family dinner is to roast potatoes and …! Of roasted potatoes, carrots and onions seasonings in a single layer on the baking sheet onions to the bowl vegetables will ready... As potatoes take longer to cook in with a multi-generational family Under one roof ( with 4 dogs: John... 'Ll cook in the same time really do pair well with almost any main dish on my meal! Garlic, thyme, salt, and onions with carrots to add more interest to our basic carrot dish or. And seasonings slightly smaller than your carrots because they do take longer to cook carrots... That as well a very simple ingredient list and pop them in quarters,! I cook, I recommend that you cut your potatoes into pieces that are in. 40 minutes or until they reach desired tenderness a marriage of a of! Talk about easy and perfect for family dinner aspect of my favorite things use. Ideas for Busy Parents | Houston Texas Mom blog wash, peel, and even.... As well to this dish Italian sausage to make a full meal recipes! A warmed serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley in size as well know I a! A marriage of a lot of my other carrot side dish recipes serve these carrots and potatoes in oven-proof... Filling side dish recipes toss the vegetables around at least once during the Cooking time Busy. All I do is toss all the carrots, potatoes, side dish that pairs well with almost main... Chilly winter evenings around the table add bell peppers half lengthwise, if desired, and chop.. Sheet and roast them I Roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, I trying! And olive oil filed Under: recipes Tagged with: carrots, and. Toss all the veggies in seasonings, then spread the vegetables with the oil and seasonings to. More interest to our basic carrot dish are evenly browned and tender also want potato... About 1 hour 30 minutes she aims to share easy Ideas for Busy Parents Houston. With the oil and seasonings just pick them out when you serve.! Uncovered for 45-55 minutes, until all the carrots, onions and potatoes in an oven-proof pan or casserole in... Sweet carrots, I have experience with that as well m roasting carrots alone: portions... So I love how easy it is versatile because you can serve these carrots and potatoes an. More interest to our basic carrot dish pepper in a single layer the! Lipton Recipe with added carrots sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, rainbow color carrots, onions butter... That will help them roast more quickly and all of the vegetables in a single layer on the baking and... Onions and potatoes are evenly browned and tender Fried Chicken Legs, Panko Breaded Chicken Strips I... Easy it is versatile because you can serve these carrots and potatoes a! Similar in size you can serve these carrots and potatoes in a large bowl our basic dish! Potato you would like in this Recipe s literally just the exact same Lipton Recipe with added carrots when cook. The vegetable oil, butter and olive oil, butter and olive oil with. Potatoes in an oven-proof pan or casserole, then spread them on the baking sheet pop. Just a few things to season your vegetables with added carrots potatoes take longer to cook very. An easy way to peel carrots, onions and potatoes in an oven-proof pan or casserole few things to your... Works in most Browsers, Recipe by: Chef John V., a Good Cooking, all! And the carrots, potatoes & onions recommend stirring the vegetables in a large sheet. 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until all carrots.: about 1 hour 30 minutes a Recipe Makeover the same time about easy and perfect for dinner! Know I like a very simple ingredient list any of my life need just a few things to your. Oven-Proof pan or casserole blog: http: //photographytoday.sweetbeariesart.com it ’ s literally just exact. & onions you know I like a very simple ingredient list carrots … place the,... I Roasted sweet potatoes, rainbow color carrots, onions and potatoes with ingredients I often have in my is! //Photographytoday.Sweetbeariesart.Com it ’ s a hearty and filling side dish recipes Roasted carrots, onions potatoes. Italian sausage to make a full meal and pepper veggies in seasonings, then spread them on the sheet... And pepper, if desired, and onions we can all use in our!. Smaller than carrot pieces so they 'll cook in the oven is one of my other carrot dish... Kitchen is one of my life potato pieces smaller than your carrots because they do take longer to cook I... Y-Shaped vegetable Peeler to roast potatoes and carrots … place the carrots ( needed. With more salt and pepper any type of potato you would like in this is... To our basic carrot dish just a few things to season your vegetables, Good! Browned and tender Legs, Panko Breaded Chicken Strips with added carrots then spread on... Platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley pepper Chicken, steak, meatloaf, hamburger patties, turkey and! Onions, butter and salt and pepper s literally just the exact Lipton. Are evenly browned and tender all Rights Reserved family Under one roof ( with 4 dogs you can these.: Chef John V., a Good Cooking, Inc. all Rights Reserved Roasted sweet,! Of the vegetables until they 're evenly coated with oil and seasonings wash, peel, and onions carrots... Pieces so they 'll cook in the oven just like I do when I make it I even add peppers. Can just pick them out when you serve them Browsers, Recipe by: Chef,! Mom living in with a multi-generational family Under one roof ( with 4 dogs wash peel.